Chapter 13: Help Her Out

-Jack-

When I made Rapunzel angry, I felt like a huge part of me was lost. But as I wake up to this new day, I remember one important thing. 

IT'S THE TENTH!

I dash out of bed, and outside. There were banners everywhere that stated there was this huge ball and everyone was getting ready. I couldn't even find my stance because every single one was busy and I'm the only one left not knowing what's happening around me. I remember yesterday evening, I fought with Rapunzel and so I spent the night at my home. I took a leave of absence at the castle.

"Jack, what are you doing?" Emma asked as she was holding a violet mini flag.

"It's the princess's birthday." I told her and she chuckled.

"Of course it is!" She exclaimed and I looked like a stupid person just standing in the middle of the street. Mom went out of the house to pull me back inside. "I'm just going to help out in the bakery. Jack stay here with Emma, alright?" I nodded. "But mom, aren't you sick? You should rest! I'll go help out in the bakery!" I told her and she sighed. "Alright." She said and I went to my room for a change of clothes. I went out again, but this time, to the bakery.

"Hi baker's daughter!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, hello. Here to pick up your stock of bread to sell?" She asked.

I nodded and she gave me a basket of bread. "Here. The total profit achievement is 10 euros for us." She said and I gave a grin to impress her so I could get a discount. "No. 10 euros for us, the rest is yours." She said and I sighed. This day is the usual I have, before Rapunzel came to my life. It's kind of exhausting that this is happening. 

"You alright?" the baker's daughter asked.

"If someone gave you a piece of bread and you reject it, would you regret?" I asked her.

She may not get this analogy, but her answer is somewhat important. "Depends if the bread is tasty." She said. Right, this girl is all about rewards. "Regardless if the bread is tasty or not, would you regret rejecting it?" I asked her. "Of course, that person showed you an act of courtesy, so it would be a waste to reject what they offered. I will sure regret it." She said and I kind of get it now. 

I rejected Rapunzel because of what I knew, and it blinded me, not even seeing that she wanted to help me. I was too stupid to realize that. "Thanks baker's daughter." I said and took the basket. "I have a name but baker's daughter is okay too." She said and she want back to baking bread. I went outside the bakery and saw Rapunzel--well, I thought it was her, but it was just a sun painted on a violet banner with a text saying: Come to the Masquerade.

"Today's the day!" A passerby said to her companion.

"True! I have no idea who the princess would be picking for a husband." 

I got a little down because I don't want to give Rapunzel that easily to anyone. But, what the heck?! Why should I give her away? She wasn't even mine to begin with. Am I delusional? I hope I am, and I hope this day wasn't real at all. But even if it wasn't, I will not let this day go by without me doing anything. This is making me crazy. I have to do something!

Dropping the basket, I dashed home. I'm crazy for throwing the basket away but this is far more significant than selling bread for the family. Rapunzel needs me more than ever, even if she rejected me yesterday, I know she longs for help. And I'm the only one who can do that!

Just wait for me, Rapunzel! I'm coming for you!