Chapter 5: Mistakened Guard

-Jack-

Rapunzel came here yesterday and I felt bad about the things I've said. I should have just supported her decision instead of babbling about what my opinion is! But if she can marry a very nice prince, wouldn't she be happy? Besides she'll fall in love with him in the process. But I was the one who said that she can't marry or just choose a husband she doesn't love! I was the one who told her that! And now, what have I done? It's no use. I have to convince her to stop whatever she's thinking about! It's my fault after all.

"Mom, I'm just gonna go to the castle."

"What? Go to the castle? Are you out of your mind?"

I shook my head. "I just gotta pay a visit." I told her. "With your clothes like that? You're gonna visit Princess Rapunzel, aren't you? Nasty child, you are! Well, borrow a suit from the tailor down the street. She'll give you one. We're friends after all." My mom, she's too kind. "Thanks mom!" I told her and ran away from the house and to the tailor's shop. I went inside. "Um, can I please ask for a suit? My mom sent me here." I told the tailor. She's actually a girl. "Oh, Caitlyn. Well, this is the cheapest suit here." She handed me a suit and it looked perfect. "Does it suit me? I mean, my size." I asked her. "Of course. Your body is standard size. It's good. It'll only loose off a bit, but it suits you." She said. I bet it's good enough! "Thank you! How much is it?" I asked her. "For Caitlyn's son? Maybe a euro or so. But, you'll just borrow anyway. I have no problem with it." She's so nice! I went out of the shop, with the suit hung to a hanger, I carried it with my hands. I went home afterwards.

"You got it?"

"Yes! And, she says as long as I return it, it won't cost us."

My mom chuckled. "Of course, you're just gonna borrow it." I nodded. "Yes. I don't know if it would fit me, but she said I have the standard size." I told her as I put the suit on me. I don't know how fix the loose sleeves, but I guess mom can help me. "Mom, I need your help!" I called to her. "Oh my! You look exactly like your dad." She went to me, fixing my sleeves. "He wore a suit on that festival we went to for our first date. I wore a polka-dotted dress and he wore a black suit like this one." There she goes again, telling her love in the past! I guess it's the only time she can talk about dad. "Is dad your first true love?" She nodded. "He was my only true love." She mumbled. "Well, off you go. As you go to the palace, what do you plan to do then?" Mom asked. "I told you already, didn't I? I plan to convince Rapunzel to not choose a husband. That she should also decide for herself! After all, it is my mistake." I told her and she hugged me. "Be careful." She told me and I nodded. "I will." I said.

"Say farewell to Emma too?"

"I won't be gone for long! I will return by sundown. See you!"

I said and ran out of the house and made my way out to the stables. I need to borrow a horse first. "Is anyone here?" I called to the stables, for I found it empty. "Ah! A young gentleman." Wow! I often get called a commoner selling bread. Just a simple Bread Boy. "Wait! You look darn familiar. Yes! The bread boy who roams around the town." The stable owner said. "What business do you have here?" He added a follow-up. "I need a horse. I have to visit the castle to see a young maiden. The princess, you see. I need to talk to her." I wish he's as kind as the tailor! "You want to see the princess? Do you two know each other? Or are you there to exploit their riches?!" Is he trying to accuse me of trying to rob them? "No, I will not exploit their riches. I'm only going there to talk to Princess Rapunzel because she talked me about something, and it went the wrong turn. So please! I need to convince her." I begged the stable owner.

"Alright. Take Busty."

"Yes! Aha! Thank you very much!"

I took the horse named Busty behind the stables. I rode him, and good thing he wasn't a hard-headed one. "Thank you. I'll return him as fast as possible." I said and I went to the castle. The moment I arrived, I pleft Busty in the royal stables. The castle grounds is just too big! I don't know how to make my way to Rapunzel.