Chapter 22: Paralysis

~*~Rapunzel~*~

The sound of water dripping from the bricked ceiling echoed throughout the dungeon. I feel my my wrists, sore from the grip these shackles have on me. Each day, I grow weaker and weaker but my heart is full of hope. I know Jack will come for me. Even if he doesn't, I will get out of here myself. Loud footsteps approach my cell and a tall, black figure halts. His eyes look down on me and he let out an evil laugh that made me furious.

"Have you thought about your future in here, my wife?" He asked.

"A future with you is as dark and as cold as your heart!" I shouted and spat on his shoes.

He did not like it, he pointed his staff at me and I suddenly felt paralyzed. "What did you do to me?" I asked, struggling from the force. "When will you learn to quit, you spoiled brat." He said and hit hit staff on the ground which paralyzed me more. He snickered as he watched me cry and struggle. "Princess, you're too weak." He said and I grunted. "Y-you're going to fall..Pitch." I said and he glared at me. I noticed the glint on the jewel of his crown. It was so sparkly.

"Your highness, we received reports of collarless rebels wreaking havoc in the town market."

Pitch stopped the paralysis and I was able to move my limbs again. I gasped and gasped for air. He glanced at me again at smirked. "Feed her well, bathe her and dress her up. I think new prisoners would like to see her on display." He said and then left. The guard looked at me and entered my dungeon. "You heard the king. Stand up, let's get you dressed up." He said and removed my shackles. He cuffed me immediately and forced me to stand up. "You're all vile.l I mumbled under my breath. "Did you say something?" He asked, tightening his grip on me. I did not respond.

We left the dungeons and I overheard a bunch of guards talking. "Those rebels, who do they think they are?" The other guard said. "Strangely though, my brother working up in the market place told me they had an attack yesterday as well. There was a boy who looked like Prince Alfred—." Another one said and I flinched. I believe I have heard Pitch mentioned that name during the night of my party! "Don't mention that name in here! If the king hears you, that would be the end of it!" The other guard said and hushed him.

Could it be, Jack is here? If he is, please be safe Jack.

————————————-
I have a lot of time to update since there are a lot of class suspensions!