Chapter 20: Darkness

~*~Rapunzel~*~

"Are you having fun, my darling?"

"Yes."

I said that with disgust. In actuality, I am not having fun riding with King Pitch in his carriage and him calling me 'darling'. He's disgusting me to the core and I can't bear it any longer. I just hope I can reach Jack before he does. I want to save him from all this treachery sitting right beside me. He grabbed my hand and pointed outside the window. "Here we are, Mune Kingdom." He said and I was terrified by the darkness surrounding the kingdom. Everything was so horrible. 

"It is beautiful, is it not?" 

I nodded in reply so he wouldn't do anything to me. He glanced at me and forced me to turn my face to him. "Alfred's petty son might try to rescue you from me, but he can't do that. You know why?" He said and I shook my head without looking at him. He's hurting my cheeks. "Because he's scared, and I am the King. I killed his father once, there's no reason for me to not do that again to him." He said and let me go from his tight grip. I massaged my cheeks. 

"He won't try to rescue me, because I know he will rescue me." I said.

"Why you intolerable--" 

The door of the carriage opened and the coachman said in an awkward manner, "We are home, m'Lord." He did it without making eye contact with King Pitch. I stared at him for a few seconds to notice the collar surrounding his neck. He made eye contact with me and eventually broke it. I could tell he was scared. 

As far as I know, this is not a kingdom. It's a prison.

"You will certainly like the Mune Kingdom." King Pitch said and I didn't say anything. "As my bride, you'll be sleeping in the room next to mine and will be heavily guarded at all times." He said and I got pissed. "You're treating me like a prisoner. Why should I be heavily guarded? I'm a princess and I do not need that kind of protection." I told him and he smirked at me. He suddenly grabbed my arm and tightened his grip around it. 

"If I am treating you like a prisoner, you may as well be dead right now. I don't keep prisoners that long." He said. 

"What's the point in keeping me?" I asked.

He dragged me to the throne room, and let me go. He sat on his throne and called for the guards. They surrounded me and didn't do anything else. I was nervous, and I eyed King Pitch in an absurd way. "What's the point in keeping you? Well, your kingdom suffered a great deal. If I have you in my grasp, then I can manipulate everyone." He said and I chuckled. "That's pretty weak. Even if you don't have me, you can do that." I said. 

"Ah, you're right. But then, I'll have to share with your parents, won't I?" He said.

That's the part where I realized that this psychopath wanted me so that he could get his hands on my parents. So that our kingdom could suffer a terrible fate, worse than the drought that came years ago. He wants my parents to die, so that he could rule my kingdom, and form his own empire. He's...he's an evil monarch that wants to destroy everything and not have an ounce of sympathy towards anyone. 

"You're a monster!" I shouted. 

"Guards, bring her to the prison." He said as I struggled to keep myself free from the big men's grasps.

I couldn't break free, and they threw me in a prison cell that's cold and dusty. It feels so disgusting and ruthless. "Let me out of here you jerks!" I shouted and shouted, but then the gates closed and I was left all alone, in the darkness. 

Jack, come quickly. Hurry. 

-----------------
i cant believe I went hiatus this long on this story just to give you a short one. Well, i figured it should be short anyway. I will make it up to you on the next chapter!