Chapter 7: Canvas

-Jack-

I put my tie on as I look at the mirror. Another day of being a 'Royal bodyguard' for Princess Rapunzel. It's my duty to keep her safe no matter what. "Achoo!" It looks like I have a cold...maybe it was because of what happened yesterday. I hope Rapunzel doesn't get my cold. I went up to her room, and knocked. 

"Princessh...? Are you there? Pleash hurry up. Breakfasht is ready."

"Jack? Is that you? What's wrong with your voice?"

She seems to be okay. "It'sh nothing. I just caught a cold." She hurried up and opened her door. "Was it because of yesterday? Oh no, I'm very sorry."  She apologized. I sniffed. "It'sh okay. Not your fault, princess." I said. "How many times have I told you to call me Rapunzel only?" She said. "Several." I muttered. "I have to finish breakfast already because I have something to do in my room. I'm inviting you to help me with it later on." She said and I nodded. 

"Forgive me for speaking without permission, but for whatever might it be?"

"I'm painting something. But I have one problem with it."

She proceeded to the staircase, but looked back at me. "You speak quite normally now." She said with a smile. "I guess so." i replied back, and we continued down the stairs. As Rapunzel had her breakfast, I stood there, feeling my legs a bit wobbly. I still pick up my balance though. A tap from my back had me awake. It was Sir Pendleward. "Are you okay, Overland?" He asked and I nodded quite carelessly. "Yes, I just didn't get enough sleep." I said. "You look reddish. Something embarrassing happened?" He asked again. "None sir." I responded.

"It's fine if you take a quick nap in your room first. I'm sure princess would understand."

"But, that's-"

He smiled. "It's not out of the question, is it? Take a rest. Your fever would go down with just a nap." He said. God, he knows... I then proceeded to my room and removed my tie. I lied down on the bed. I wonder how Em would react if she sees this clean room. This soft bed and the beige wallpaper. How surprised would she be?

----

"Ughh.."

"You're awake. Thank goodness."

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I saw Rapunzel in my room sitting on a stool and facing her canvas. "How do you do?" She asked. "I'm fine, but princess, why are you here?" I told her. "It's fine here. I can't let you do much work and stay up in my room because of your fever, right? But, regardless, I still needed your opinions and thoughts so I seeked help from sir Pendleward to carry my materials down here. I can cope up with it. I'm not much of a spoiled brat." She exclaimed. "That's good to hear." I said. She moved her hand and placed it on my forehead.

"Good, your fever's down."

"Oh..."

She sighed in relief and began to hold her paintbrush. "Tell me Jack, how can you create a good painting?" She asked me. "Huh? Well...I'm not a painter so I..." I couldn't answer her. "You don't have to be an artist to answer it. I need your thoughts." She said. "Well, all I could say is...a painting is good if you can make people feel your emotions through visual understanding." I said. She stood up from the stool and covered my eyes. Her scent of roses filled up the air. It was fragrant.

"What do you see?"

"Darkness, a void of nothingness."

She removed her hands. "Now, what do you see?" She asked and I gazed outside the window. "A beautiful town downhill, and forests, seas. The typical landscape scenery." I told her. "What do you feel about seeing it?" She asked and I lied down on the bed once more. "Calm, sort of relieved. And somehow, I felt so free. Like, I'm on top of the world." I said, and she suddenly dropped her paintbrush. She grinned. 

"I HAVE IT! THE PERFECT PAINTING!"

"Hah?!"

She suddenly became very excited! It's weird to see her like this. "Thank you very much Jack! As a sign of my overwhelming gratitude, I will simply reward you with something very fruitful indeed." She said. "Fruits?" She shook her head. "No! As you know my birthday will be next week. But, I want Emma to feel very happy as well because we have the same birthdate. See, I'll be holding a surprise birthday party for her!" She exclaimed and I chuckled. 

"What's wrong with the plan?"

"No it's just that Em will surely like that."

She chuckled as well, and we spent our hours laughing with each other and finishing Rapunzel's painting. Her painting made me feel more than free. It actually made me feel belonged.

----

wooooah updated loveyall. now, when will i actually start updating Long Live The Queen? Okay, idkw soooo. sorry