Chapter 23: Declaration Of Hope

---Jack---

I ran away again. Everything they were saying back there became such a big blur to me. I know my father is the Prince but I can't overthrow a powerful king such as Pitch! I'm only a pauper, that's all I've ever known. "Jack!" I turned behind me and saw Manny, Toothiana and several others follow me. They're all here.

"I apologize for putting such burden on you." Toothiana said, with sincerity in her eyes.

"It's alright. You all have to go back inside." I told them.

A man from the crowd suddenly goes to the front with a stern face. "Your father was a good man. Whenever he could, he would go and play with my kids when my wife was sick. Now my family all wear collars, and it's because of Pitch." He said. "I still can't go and throw myself in the front lines. I'm all my mother and sister has." I tell him then another woman shouts from the crowd. "We are our families' only hope too!" Others murmur alongside her. "Silence!" Manny shouts and they all go quiet. "Jack is free to choose his path. He is this kingdom's greatest chance to overthrow Pitch but it does not mean he will be forced to do so," Manny said then turns to me. "Deciding is and always will be the hardest part. Your fate is in your own hands, Jack. Whatever you decide, we will respect." He said and squeezes my hand faintly while waiting for a reply.

"I want to help, I really do. But I'm not so sure if I could be the one to throw Pitch of his pedestal. I'm just a kid." I said.

"We understand. Good decision, Jack." Manny said. Toothiana gave me a dejected look.

I'm helping them because I want to save Rapunzel no matter what. She has given me some sort of space to breath and find solace. I want her to be free as well. Because I like her. The rebellion went back to the headquarters, all looking a little down in the dumps and none of them were talking to me now. It's like I've put my own set of collars on their necks. I took their hope away.

"Jack, it'a not your fault. Quit being so depressed." Toothiana said.

"I feel guilty." I told her and she smiled.

Manny climbed up the podium and cleared his throat. His expression was something we have never seen before. It looks like he's about to say something that would really shock us all. "We received reports from Lucas Pendleward." I flinch. Sir Pendleward? I forgot he was from here. He did mention he escaped from Mune Kingdom because something dreadful happened here. "He has said that Pitch has begun his expansion in the nearby kingdoms especially the Corona Kingdom. Since marrying the only daughter of the kingdom, he has ruled a quarter of the land and the King and Queen could not do anytjing about it. Pitch has completely overruled the Corona Kingdom." Manny said and I trembled. My mom and Emma are there!

The thought of Pitch just torturing everybody I know and love is frightening. Rapunzel, Emma, mom... I stomped forward to the podium and Manny stepped aside. "Everyone, we should fight that tyranny!" I exclaimed and they all just looked at me. I bite my lips. If that is the only chocie I have then I might as well do it. Not only for Rapunzel, but for their kingdom and for our kingdom. I should give back tot he people what they rightfully deserve: Peace. I clearedy throat, stood my ground and declared loud and clear.

"I, Jackson Overland, son of Alred Mune, will overthrow Pitch and bring peace to this kingdom!" I shouted and everyone cheered.

Hold on Rapunzel, Emma and mom. I will save everyone.