Chapter 37: Safe and Sound

Aurelia's POV

"Father...?" I looked down at my father, who was barely waking up. He held his head with his hand and groaned, sitting up. I moved a bit, putting my hand over his other one.

"Aurelia...?" He managed, yawning and opening his sharp golden eyes a bit more; allowing them to adjust to the early morning light.

"Finally, you're awake." I sighed and he looked around, and I noticed his eyes go wide when he must've remembered everything that happened just the might before.

"Y-You're here? I thought you weren't coming! Aiko was about to kill us all and-"

"We're all safe, darling." My mother's voice hushed him, and he shot a glance at her. "Aurelia saved you guys."

"Vah Ruta..." My father said, looking at his lanyard. "I'm just glad my girls are safe." He held his arms open for us and we each hugged him on one side. He kissed both of our heads and had his hands on our backs.

"How long have you been back?" He asked, looking at my mother.

"Since early this morning. Aurelia and Mipha told me everything." She winked, and father smiled.

"You got to finally see her?" He asked, and my mother nodded.

"You never told me you got to see her and Dorephan last year." Mother added, still smiling. Father chuckled a bit.

"I guess because after we got caught up with preparing for our second child," Father started. "After all, I was in the middle of my conversation with them when you called me down to tell me the news."

"That's what you were doing?! I thought you were with Muzu!" She seemed shocked, but not angry at all, no. She still had a small grin on her face.

"No, dear, right while I was talking to them was when you told me about the baby. Muzu was elsewhere working with Seggin and Bazz, I believe."

"I'm a bit surprised you lied." My mother teased, and father laughed and pointed at her.

"That doesn't count as a lie! I would have told you had it not slipped my mind!" He laughed, and she sighed and giggled.

"Mhm, sure~" They both softly smiled at each other before mother opened the door again. "Anyways, come on you two! We're getting ready for the celebration!" She happily marched out of the room and father and I laughed.

"Alright then, we better go." He got out of bed easier than I had expected, but still used support from the matress and backboard. "Thank you, sweetheart. I'm glad you came back for us." He hugged me again before we both walked out after mother.

"King Sidon! You're awake!" Muzu exclaimed as he walked over to us.

"Muzu! You're alright!" My father hugged Muzu and they began talking about everything that happened. I smiled, and was about to go find my mother, but that's when I felt two arms wrap around my neck.

"Guess who." I heard, and I recognized him by his voice but decided to play his little game.

"I wonder." I giggled before turning around and softly kissing his lips.

"I'm proud of you, Auri." Kyle smiled as he pulled away. "You basically saved the whole of Hyrule."

"Oh, don't give me too much credit." I swatted my hand a bit and he laughed.

"Hey, had she been able to take out an entire domain, maybe she would have been able to nail down the rest of us next." He said, and I smiled a bit.

"It's not even just that," I started. "Mipha helped, and Vah Ruta, but I think my parents did the most important things. None of us would have been able to play our roles had they not stepped up first and powered through that like they always." Kyle hugged me again before we began walking to find the others.

"You and your family are something else, Aurelia. You really are." He rested his head on mine and I smiled, knowing everything was gonna be okay.

______________________

Yay! I actually got this one done before 12 am! Anyways hope y'all had a good easter for those who celebrated and even if not, still hope your weekend went well!

Ciao darlings ;)