Chapter 29: What a day

It's been 2 months since everyone was reunited, and life was good! Sidon had been readjusting to all of the changes for the better, and not letting it get in the way of spending time with you. Aurelia had been telling you about everything that happened while you were gone; the new zora children, the new couples, the new found friendships. As well as all of her adventures and battles.

"Well, now Link and I can help you train!" You chirped after she told you about some battles with lynels she had with Bazz by her side.

"Really?" She turned to you, eyes wide and a smile.

"Of course! We trained together for years, we could help you." You stood up from your bed and went to get a photo out from a drawer. "This was back over a century ago." You said, handing her the photo.

"That's you guys?" She asked, looking down at the picture in awe.

"Yep. Me, your father and Link. Hm, how young were we then?" You pondered on when it was taken - the location was somewhere in the Lanayru region, you knew that much - but looking at it closely...

"I was actually your age, I believe." You stated, now noticing the swords you were holding. Swords you didn't have during your later years of training.

"Cool! I wanna have a training group!" You chuckled at her excitement and picked up your sword, carefully stroking the blade.

"We should have you train under us for a bit. We'll discuss it as soon as your father-"

"I'm back guys!" Sidon exclaimed, bursting through the huge double doors.

"Dad!" Aurelia ran into Sidon's arms and he hugged her tight.

"Ah, finally I get to be home with my girls." Sidon breathed, walking over to you as you set your sword down on the table near your bed. "Hello darling."

"Hi honey." You held your arms out for him and he pulled you into an embrace. "How did all the meetings go?"

"They went wonderfully! Muzu told me that Link and Zelda are going to have a huge party to celebrate the holidays at Hyrule, and we're co-hosting." Sidon seemed so proud about this, and you were too! The two of you were royals yourselves - so it was no surprise they chose you - but co-hosting a holiday party for all of Hyrule, now that was something!

"Awesome! When is it?" You asked, picking your sword up again and sliding it back into it's scabbard before placing it back on the table.

"Just in a couple months. They wanted to start preparation now so we have time, since we're all so busy already." You and Sidon both nodded, looking at Aurelia who was sitting on the bed with her hands on her lap, smiling as usual.

"That's great!" She looked down at her sword and let out a quiet gasp. "Oh, I should get going. I told Kyle and Ryan that I would be down at Hyrule Castle tonight."

"Alright, dear. Be safe." You kissed her head and she threw her bag over her shoulder and hugged you.

"I will. Bye guys! I'll be home soon." She left after that, closing the door behind her. Leaving you and Sidon to yourselves.

"She's so independent. I'm very proud of her." You sat down, looking from the door to your husband, who had his arms folded and a small grin on his face.

"I am too. It's no wonder who her mother is." He sat down next to you and kissed your cheek.

"Your the one who gave her the strength to be independent. You've always been the independent one." You leaned your head on his chest and he put his arm around you.

"You raised her for years without me. She had to have gotten it from you for numerous reasons." Sidon ran his fingers through your hair and then gently rubbed your back. You sighed, relieved that arguing over who was more independent was all you had to worry about these days.

"Or maybe... maybe she picked it up on her own." You and Sidon both agreed that maybe that was it. Sidon then stood up and fixed his head piece a bit, since it was slightly off.

"I'll be right back, love. I just remembered I have to head to the throne room and speak with Muzu about something else." Sidon gave you a quick kiss before grabbing a piece of paper off his desk and heading for the door.

"Okay. And don't be surprised if I fall asleep before you come back." You both laughed a bit and Sidon nodded.

"I won't be. And don't be surprised if I come back and smother you in love and affection, okay?" You giggled and nodded, and Sidon left to seek Muzu in the throne room.

But it was not Muzu who was waiting for him.

"Alright, Muzu. I brought the papers and-" Sidon completely froze when he looked up. "I... f-fa-"

"Hello son."

________
Hi :)