Chapter 38: Meanwhile...

"King Sidon," Bazz started as he handes me my sword. I slid it into it's scabbard and grabbed my bag before rushing over to the river. "Are you sure you don't want to wait for the rest of us?" He asked, trying to shield himself from the rain that was pouring down over us.

"I can't." I sighed, getting ready to jump in. "And anyways, I'll be fine. You all take your time and don't rush yourselves back." I leaned over and nodded to him before diving into the rapid river.

"Be safe!" Bazz called, and even while being able to hear what he said it was still incredibly muffled due to the thunder and rain.

"I will!" I called back, continuing to swim out through the river leading away from Hyrule Castle and towards Zora's Domain. I wasn't able to take a carriage due to the storm, so swimming was my only option right now.

Meanwhile...

Your Pov

"Where is Sidon?" You groaned, slumping back into your mountain of pillows while your teenager glanced over at the doctor who was assisting you.

"He sent back a letter a bit ago I think." Aurelia shrugged, putting her finger to her chin while squinting a bit.

"He's still at Hyrule Castle as far as we're aware." The nurse, Molly said as she folded a couple of blankets. You sighed and held your hand to your forehead, more frustrated than you were in pain but still wishing Sidon would hurry up and get there and that this whole ordeal would be over.

"I'll go check and see if Muzu has the letter." Aurelia went to find Muzu and Molly went to grab a couple things, leaving you alone to try and relax.

"Listen you..." You breathed out. "Either make this snappy or wait for your father... and pick one..." You groaned again and rested a hand on your stomach as you slowly dozed off into a light nap.

Sidon's Pov

I swam as fast as I could, hoping to make it in time before my second child was born. I don't recall Aurelia being very quick but you never know.

I had sent a letter back to them letting them know I was on my way home, and I believe it should get there in time. And if not, either way they'll know shortly.

Lightning struck on the ground right next to the water, startling me. I was relieved that it didn't reach the water and that at least I was swimming fast enough to hopefully avoid the brunt of any other strikes.

For a while I thought I was getting lucky, but then one actually shot the water. I felt a sting run up my tail fin, and I winced but couldn't stop swimming or I might be risking all my momentum. I just had to hurry and get home to _____.

Your Pov

"So is it really time or what? Does this kid plan on torturing me?" You hissed as Molly and another nurse, Kaya, examined you.

"Lady _____, you may not feel anything for a bit longer even though your water did break. Just give it some time." Kaya told you, handing you your glass of water.

"Then I should do something with that time!" You complained, taking one gulp of the water before setting it down on the nightstand next to you.

"You need to rest, m'lady." Molly covered you before following Kaya out of the room.

"Take a nap now before the pain starts again. You never know how long it'll take." Kaya turned off the light and closed the door, and you moved towards your side a bit and tried to fall back asleep, but a jolt of pain in the upper part of your midsection kept you alert.

"Goddess..."

Sidon's Pov

I managed to get within the Lanayru, and had to stop swimming at the wetlands and start running. Fortunately it wasn't my feet that were tired, so I was able to keep moving with ease. And it wasn't raining in this area, so it was fine.

One thing I guess I forgot was that a guardian was found roaming the area but couldn't be defeated yet, and while I was in the process of remembering, I ran right into it. The laser aimed directly at me, and I dodged while grabbing my sword.

I managed to circle it while avoiding the red laser of death, cutting off each of it's legs. I jumped on top of the mechanical beast and began slashing it.

"Die! Die! DIE!" It eventually poofed into thin air and I fell back to the ground. "Phew." I began strolling towards the domain again, and it was a solid minute or two that I forgot the task at hand. "_____!!!!"

Your Pov

One last scream escaped your mouth as all of the pressure on your body just disappeared. The sound of familiar crying filled your ears, and you were relieved to hear it.

"It's a boy!" Kaya exclaimed, and you smiled and leaned back and closed youe eyes, taking in as much air as you could. The sound of the doors bursting open barely registered in your mind.

"_____!" You quickly felt a large hand around your own, and you opened your eyes to see your shark husband above you.

"Took you long enough." You smiled, and he sighed and kissed your head.

"I'm sorry! I left as soon as I got the letter!" You giggled and placed your hands on his cheeks as you pulled him in for a kiss. He put one hand on the bed and had the other gently stroking your hair. "Mmm... I love you..." Sidon breathed as he began planting kisses all over your face and you laughed a bit.

"Goodness, get a room. There are children here." Aurelia joked as you two looked over at her and your newborn son. She looked down at her brother with a soft smile and you smiled too.

"Do we have any name ideas?" Sidon asked, sitting down on the bed next to you. You gently glided your thumb along his palm and thought.

"I believe one of our top names was Savion." You said as Aurelia brought the tiny zora over to you. You carefully took him into your own arms and smiled when he yawned and opened his golden yellow eyes.

"That's perfect." Sidon laid down next to you and wrapped his arm around yours. Aurelia sat down on your other side and leaned against the backboard, and the three of you sat and gazed in awe at the small child. "You're gonna be strong aren't you, kid? Protecting Hyrule... Fighting guardians on the way home from simple meetings just to get back quicker..."

"Wait, did you fight a guardian on your way home?" You asked, shooting a glance at Sidon. He nodded and leaned his head on your arm and you giggled a bit and kissed his. Welp, that makes two tired adults and two children. And within the next hour, all four of you fell asleep.

_________________

Heyyyo readers! I finally found time to update >:3