🌹sixteen

Minho stopped in his track from walking further downstairs when seeing his mother was on the couch, completely knocked out.

Again.

"Good morning Minho." his father whispered as he walked into the kitchen. Minho greeted him back and silently asked him by pointing his nose towards the living room. "3am."

A sigh escaped his lips. He felt bad for his father. He did anything to stop her but she would not listen. Minho wondered how he coped with the situation.

After telling his father he was going out, Minho tiptoed to the door. Unfortunately the door made a creak which resulted his mother stirred in her sleep. Quickly but quietly, he went out. He let out the breath he was holding.

Why is it so hard?

"Minho hyung!"

He spotted a little squirrel in denim from afar, happily skipping towards him. Immediately the thought of his mother flew away and moved to Jisung.

"Where are you going?" The squirrel asked, stopping in front of him.

"Gonna buy some stuff, you?"

"Nothing, I just thought I could find you here since you said we lived nearby each other." the younger grinned.

Oh my, Minho's heart swelled. How can a teenager who nearly reached his adult be this cute?

"Can I come? Please?"

The brunette chuckled, "No need those puppy eyes, Sung. You're welcomed."

He cheered, making Minho's morning better.

(●‿●✿)

He looked around in confusion, then glance to Minho and back to the title of the slot they were in. "I thought you're gonna buy some novels?"

"I didn't say that." Minho replied while crouching down to reach the lower level. Jisung imitated his actions and pulled out a thick book. It had a hard cover and he knocked on it.

His head started to bop up and down, following the beat he was making with the book. "Hyung I make music."

Minho laughed, "Silly,"

"It's not! Come on, try to sing something."

"We're at a bookstore, Jisung."

"Not a library."

Minho sighed in defeat. He decided to just go along with the guy. Jisung changed his beat into an easy one and a song immediately played in Minho's mind.

With a low voice, he started to sing.

“When I'm gone, when I'm gone~
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone,”

Jisung's eyes widened in surprise.

“You're gonna miss me by my hair, you're gonna miss me everywhere oh,
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone.”

"You can sing!" he gasped dramatically and put the book back. "You never told me!"

"It's not that good— ow!" he rubbed the pain area on his shoulder where Jisung just hit.

"Shut up don't speak unless you say you have a good singing voice." Jisung glared at him playfully. Minho just chuckled and returned to search for the book. "What book are you searching?"

"Engineeri–"

"Ah ah, don't speak yet unless," he raised his hand horizontally, gesturing him to say something.