🌹thirty five

"Are you okay?"

Minho nodded at Chan's question. His nose was red like a clown, eyes swollen and he lightly hiccuped every minutes. To add on it his hair was a complete mess, no doubt Chan will ask him if he's alright or not.

The guy fixed his hair and grabbed his phone, "I'm gonna take a short walk."

"Okay, don't go on yourself too hard. Take your time." the curly haired pat his head which Minho replied with a small smile.

I won't.

He went to Jisung's room. The younger was still in examination hall so he was not sure if the door is locked or not. But lucky for him he met with Hyunjin and Seungmin who were ready to return home.

"Minho hyung!" the taller greeted, cheerfully. Seungmin peeked his head from behind the door and smiled.

"Hi hyung, are you looking for Jisung?"

"Oh, no I just want to give something."

"Aww as a surprise for finishing exam? A flower? A ring? A date?" Hyunjin cooed. "I don't know Jisung is into these things."

That hurts Minho a bit. What Hyunjin said was nice. A flower, a ring, a date as a surprise but sadly that was not he's going to do. "It's a secret."

"Give him way to get in, Jinnie." Seungmin said from inside. The guy muttered a sorry and Minho went in. Jisung's place was untidy, typical Han Jisung. He took a quick minute to organise his books and files while Hyunjin and Seungmin are sorting out their luggages. While doing so his eyes caught something underneath a notebook. He pulled out the white thingy and froze.

It was a polaroid picture of them during their date at the art gallery. As what he remembered Jisung took the picture using his phone, not a polaroid camera.

His heart ache.

Should I...

"Hyung,"

"Oh, I'm sorry." the male quickly took off his bracelet and put it on the polaroid. He gave the couple a short goodbye and left.

Jisung won't like it.

He's a burden to Jisung, stop convincing him.

The voice didn't stop talking to each other as he climbed up the stairs of his dormitory building. Five flight of stairs are exhausting, but his body is already tired, almost giving up and all he felt was nothing. Numb. He just want to get over this quickly.

As soon as he reached the rooftop door there's unused tables and chairs blocking his way. Clicking his tongue in annoyance he removed all of them. Surprisingly no one comes up to see what's the noise is about. When the tables and chairs are all removed to the side he opened the unlocked door, and immediately the evening breeze greeted him, as if they were waiting for him as well.

Minho closed the door. The rooftop was facing the forest behind the building so no one could tell there's a person up there. Even if he falls from it and went unconscious probably he wouldn't be found by the students, but by the cleaner a few weeks after.

Sitting on the cement against the tank, he took out his phone and wore his earphones, putting his favourite song on loop. He then went to the messaging app. His mother no longer send him any messages since he blocked the woman. His fingers tapped on the keyboard, typing something.

minho:
hi dad

A few seconds later the man went online and immediately replied to it.