🌹thirty one

Myungho sat next to the bed, glancing worriedly towards his new friend who was unconscious with strings of water injected in his arm. His face was pale, obviously drained and there's tears stain near his eyes. He never get to know Minho much but seeing him in this condition saddened him. During the tutoring lesson the night before he never thought Minho has problems — according to Chan Yeosang. He looked fine and undisturbed.

The door opened. Myungho looked up to see the famous junior Han Jisung walking towards the bed with a gloomy expression, somehow seems disappointed.

They didn't talk until Minho stirred in his sleep a few minutes later. The older expects Jisung would move but instead the boy just sat still, eyes on the floor so Myungho was the one who calmed him down when the guy woke up.

Minho's vision was blurry. When he saw the unfamiliar white ceiling he closed his eyes again, silently cursing to himself. On top of that the pain immediately strikes his head made him feels like dying on the spot.

"You can move?" Myungho asked and Minho nodded.

Where's Chan?" his voice was hoarse.

"In his room, he's getting something for you."

Jisung walked to the water dispenser and filled in a cup. When he held it in front of the guy Minho was startled. He didn't realise the blonde was there. Hesitantly he sat up and took the cup, muttering, "Thanks."

The atmosphere in the room was heavy. Jisung bored his eyes into Minho and down the blanket that covered his body. Seeing this Myungho excused himself to give them privacy.

When hearing the door closed, Jisung immediately asked, "You didn't take anything, did you?"

His voice was a bit husky and low, scaring the other.

Minho could only looked down on his lap while holding on the cup as if he's holding onto his life. He never wanted Jisung to know this but he somehow found out and Minho had no idea how. He feels like burying himself in the covers not wanting to face the younger's disappointed look.

"When will you look after yourself?" he sighed, frustrated at the male on the bed. "This isn't healthy and I cannot be there for you twenty four–seven right now. Please, take care of yourself."

That's it, Jisung's already tired with him. It was evident in his voice.

"I'm sorry, it's hard." Minho muttered, feeling upset as well.

It is hard, and Minho doubt anyone will understand him including Jisung.

"Then force yourself."

"I can't."

"Why?" Jisung let out an exasperated sigh. "Because of your mother? I told you she's wrong, hyung. Stop thinking about that."

"Easy for you to say, you don't feel what I'm facing," Minho looked up to him with his gritted teeth. "You know what? I've always felt like this since forever and it's blended with myself too well, I can't even get rid of it. Forgetting something that's been playing in your mind for years in a short span is not easy, you don't know that."

"But I thought we made promise—'

"Well that promise is broken! Can't you see how many times I've broken it yet you're still here telling me to hold into it, I can't!" he raised his voice, startled Jisung a bit. "Stop forcing me into promises to eat, it doesn't work. I feel more bad everytime I break it it's not even helping."