🌹twenty four

jisung<3 : hyung, are you still at home?

He swiped off the notifications and returned to the home screen. Staring blankly at the picture, he did not know what he was thinking at the moment. The photo of a small family during Christmas a few years back no longer had effect on him. The smiles displayed were seen as an act, never sincere.

Although actually they were sincere, he considered they were not because of what's happening right now.

His mother has not returned home for three days. His father had to call in for a "holiday" to find his wife. The police were helping them but they had not found any trace yet. As if she was dispersed into the thin air.

Is this all my fault? Was the frequent question he asked to himself. After his father revealed his sexuality the woman did not talk to him ever since. It's already hurt when a mother insult you and it hurts more when she does not even want to look at you. As if the child was not worth to be looked at or to be take care of. It hurts Minho so much.

He was supposed to return to campus two days ago but he was worried about his parents. Even though his father forced him to return and focus on his study he refused to do so. He wouldn't be able to focus if he knows his mother is not home.

Sometimes he wonder why he still cares about her when all she does was pushing him away. He tried to hate her but failed. He tried to ignore the fact that he was supposed to feel relieved because no one's gonna look down on him again but couldn't.

Minho longed for his mother's attention.

Even when facing his father he couldn't stop worrying. The man looked so tired yet still searching.

"Take a rest," what he always say but the older wouldn't.

"I'm sure she's somewhere here."

"The police is doing their job. If you don't let me search for her then take a rest. Let me join you if you want to continue."

The man at the door sighed. He didn't know what to say when Minho is determined to help him. The boy had something else to look after so he shouldn't get involved.

Minho's phone rang. His father left the room and Minho laid on his back with one arm covering his eyes. If he's stressed out he wanted to avoid people as much as he can do.

jisung <3 calling...

He took a peek at contemplating whether he should answer or not. He couldn't get mad at Jisung for calling out of sudden. Minho had ignored his messages for the past two days, of course the younger would be worried.

The call died. He just stared at the screen and another message popped in.

jisung <3 : hyung....
i hope you're okay :(

Guilty conquered him.

Why is he so worried?

His hand over the call button. He but his lower lip and thought twice before pressing it.

It rang for a few times before it was picked up.

"Hyung...?"

A small smile appeared on his face. "Hi Ji,"

He heard a sigh of relief on the other line. "You're making me worried. Are you okay?"

Minho hummed as he placed his arm back on his eyes, enjoying the younger's voice. He remained silent.

With that Jisung went silent too.

Both of them secretly enjoyed the company even though it was through the phone. At least they know they were safe. It brings comfort to both of them.

After a solid minute Minho spoke up, "Are you in class?"

"Nope. Just finished it in an hour ago."

"You didn't oversleep?"

He could guess Jisung pouted when he whined, "Hyung why you— I'm not that kind of person! You can ask Juyeon what time usually I wake up in the morning."

Minho chuckled, "Because when I come to your room you'd still on the bed."

"It's just weekend things." Jisung muttered. This time Minho imagined him puffing his squirel-y cheeks and turned around to the side, not wanting to face anyone.

It just had been a few days but he missed Jisung like crazy.

"Why did you call hyung?"

"You called me first."

"I want to check up on you." he instantly replied. "Are you.. okay?"

Minho nodded even though Jisung couldn't see him. "Just fine. Something came up and I need to stay here a bit longer. Don't worry much."

"Okay.." he sounded unsure. "Oh, hyung, when you return tell me immediately I want something to tell you."

His eyebrows furrowed, "Can't you just say it here?"

"No! No way it can't be said through phone. I want to see your reaction." he giggled. That added to his curiousity.

"You sus."

"Do you know sus is a scientific name for pig?"

With that Minho laughed, forgetting his problem for awhile. Jisung chuckled again, happy to hear the older was doing well.

"Hyung I need to go. They are calling for lunch."

He hummed, "Bye Ji."

"Bye! Don't forget to eat your meal — Is that your boyfriend?! — and, yah!"

The other line was chaos. Minho guessed it was Hyunjin who asked that, hearing from his dramatic tone and gasp.

"I've never seen Jisung being this lovey dovey. Ew!"

Minho scoffed at the remark. He heard loud sound of door closing and Jisung returned. "Uh, sorry for that. Anyway, I need to go and don't forget to eat your meal, stay hydrated, don't forget to study but don't overwork yourself, don't let the woman bring you down, send regards to your father—"

He stifled a laugh at the list.

"And don't miss me too much! Actually please do because without you here is boring but anyway, bye love you!" he seemed a bit rushing before ending the call. That just made Minho missed him more with his bubbly personality that could cheer him up everyday. Jisung was his happy pill, lit pill, boost pill, energy—

"Wait." he talked to himself as he got up from the bed, eyes widening.

There's something he missed at the end of the call.

“—bye love you!” Jisung's voice suddenly rang in his ears, sending signs to his brain.

He blinked his eyes once, twice, before he could feel heat rushed up to his cheeks. His eyes were glued to Jisung's name on the call log. His whole body malfunctioned.

L—love?

Did he mean it as friends, as fake boyfriend or as—

No no it must be as friends, yeah..

As friends.

"But.." a small pout formed on his lips.

He felt happy but sad at the same time. He wanted Jisung to love him, but he didn't want it to be forced. He wanted to know what Jisung meant by "love" but he was too shy to ask.

Jisung is slowly giving him signs but it confused him. Had Jisung always been clingy or just to him? He didn't know.

The sound of the bell interrupted his thoughts. Minho peeked from behind the curtains and saw a few police officers talking to his father.

His heart beats faster than before.

He was not ready to receive any kind of information yet.

°°°