Chapter 5: Code Red

Olivia's pov

It had been 2 weeks since the start of school and Luke and I were back to fighting constantly, nobody really knew why there was a sudden change, even the two of us. We occasionally go through these periods of time where we just constantly fight and pull pranks on each other, until one of us don't know how to respond to a prank and then we go back to just petty bickering the other boys call it 'code red', it's a lame name but it signals when not to bother us.

So this week's code red started because Luke tripped me over at lunch making me fall face-first into my pasta, then when I got up I poured his coke on his head. This went on for the next week and now it was Saturday, the day of rest you could say.

Yesterday he had put a post-it on my back that said 'talk dirty to me' and I didn't realise it until 2nd period. Claire told me about it and I kept having people try to chat me up and had no clue, making me look like an idiot.

I ignored Luke for the rest of the day even in chemistry, so that I could think up a good plan for my next prank. There was a party tonight and my parents were away for an anniversary trip so it was perfect timing for a prank.

The plan was foolproof, I had everything ready before Claire came over to get ready for the party. Claire and I had planned it all late last night.

"We have everything right?" Claire asks as she sits on my couch nervous about the plan, she wasn't really wanting to help me but thought it would help me feel better.

"Right," I nodded, "We'll be fine C, we just have to wait for him to use the shampoo. They usually shower after a practice and then when he reappears his hair will be pink...and then we hide, everything will go to plan," we sit down and as if on queue all four boys came tumbling into the house all sweaty from band practice.

"Well... well... well... the beautiful Claire bear," Micheal says, winking at Claire making her roll her eyes at him, they all just come in and sit without caring if they are interrupting. Claire and Mikey were not official but they kept flirting and for a change, Claire was actually flirting back.

"Oh, sure come in sit why don't ya," I say glaring at them as they come in.

"Oh, calm down Ortega! You have no choice in the matter," Hemmings chuckles as he sits opposite me with Calum and Ashton, and Micheal sits next to Claire making her uncomfortable.

I just roll my eyes, "but you're all sweaty and gross. And Claire and I need to get ready for the party," I complained trying to get them to leave. We still had a few hours until we actually had to get ready.

"What are those?" Ashton says looking over at me holding a bag of Haribos.

"Just sweets,"

"Can I have one?" they all say in unison all looking over at once

"I only have a few left they're mine,"

"Please I haven't eaten anything yet, I'm starving, plus I gave you my KitKat last week," Hemmings says begging me.

"ugh, fine" I threw him the rest of the pack "please go shower tho, you all stink!"

They all fight over the sweets and have one each then throws the bag back at me. "Fine, do you have any shampoo I can borrow? I don't like using Mikeys. It makes my hair feel weird," Luke looks at me with puppy eyes.

Mikey acts offended, "dude my hair is silky soft."

"No, it really isn't," Claire smirks, messing up his hair.

I roll my eyes knowing he'd do this, "sure, one sec" I go into my bathroom and grab the pink shampoo I prepared earlier and throw it to him, "now please get out we were busy watching big bang theory?" I chuckle as they all run off to Michael's room.