Chapter 17: Delayed Flights and Feelings

Olivia pov

I didn't like how Luke left like that, and how I was the one who made him leave. It kept replaying in my mind for the whole night and I also couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, and how good it felt to kiss him.

I didn't sleep because of my flight but I don't think I would have been able to anyway, I just stayed up and watched sponge bob and finished any other packing I had to do. I decided when I got back I would know what I was feeling about Luke, and I can use these 2 weeks to figure it out. I still have no clue what I'm doing, I mean if anyone else knew then it would be shut down straight away Mikey doesn't like the idea of me with his friends, he was bad enough with Ashton but he's known Luke forever.

Finally, I was on the plane. I hate airports, they're always so busy and you never know if you're in the right place or not. And today everything seemed to go wrong, I was stopped at security for something in my bag and it was only my hair straighteners, but it took forever and then I went to the wrong gate and had to run to the other side of the airport to get on the plane, I was in a window seat next to a businessman and what I can assume is his son, about my age maybe a bit older and fairly cute, not as cute as Luke though. I shake the thought out of my head, what is this boy doing to my head?

"Hey, my name's Troy," the guy next to me says as his dad now has headphones on.

"Oh hey, I'm Olivia." I smile back, adjusting myself in my seat so I can talk to him better.

We talked for a while. I found out that I was right about his dad being a businessman, Troye was with him because he's doing an internship while at college with his dad's company, he doesn't seem like he enjoys it though. He lives in Melbourne but also has family in Britain and that's why he was on the flight. I tell him about my grandparents and it turns out he's going to be staying in the same town as them too. For some reason I tell Troye about a lot of things, I'm not sure why, I've only ever told these things to Luke. "-And then the Luke stuff happened..." I finished what I was saying about Sam and Courtney. We had been talking about our exes because Troye had just broken up with his boyfriend Tyler.

"Who's Luke? You haven't mentioned Luke?" Troye says excitedly.

I chuckle, "it's a long story... I don't really wanna talk about it," I say playing with the ends of my hair, I had braided it because it's easier when I'm flying, but it was messy because I'm not very good at it.

"Oh come on, it's a long flight and I'll keep bothering you until you tell me" he giggles poking me.

"Ugh fine, Luke is my step brother's best friend, and he lives next door-" I continue to tell him about us occasionally staying at each other's houses and how we didn't do anything, just talk and then keep each other company till we could sleep, and then about how he helped with Ashton and then about everything that happened yesterday. It felt good to tell someone even if it was just a stranger.

"Well I think you should take these two weeks to think about what you want, I'm sure that your stepbrother would just want you both to be happy..." Troye says smiling at me.

I nodded, "yeah your right..." I let out a yawn, "um we should maybe sleep...I stayed up all night so that I can sleep on the plane" I chuckle grabbing my flight pillow from my bag.

"Yeah, we should try to meet up while you are in Kent," he smiles and I nod and we exchange details before I go to sleep.

******

2 weeks later

Troye and I had hung out a few times including Christmas eve when we went to the local pub and he introduced me to his friends. We had talked about everything and I knew he was a friend for life. My grandma seemed to not mind me hanging out with him while I was there. She kept saying 'we're boring, you just go have fun' my grandad didn't really mind either. He was more interested in watching football.

I hadn't talked to Luke, I felt bad but I knew I would see him when I got back today and I could talk to him then. I just thought that because of the time difference every time I wanted to chat to him he would be asleep.

My grandparents had eventually stopped talking about me coming to a UK college or university because I told them I was happy to visit again, and maybe even do a year abroad. Overall I had a better time than I thought I would which was surprising. My grandad dropped me off at the airport about an hour ago and I was trying to figure out my way around. I don't like airports, especially when it's new and everyone is talking different languages. I finally found my flight on the board and it says delayed for 3 hours. Shit. This meant 2 things, 1. I would be stuck in the airport with nothing to do at 5 am, and 2. I was going to only have 2 hours when I got there before midnight on new years was going to start, aka. Not enough time to talk to luke. I sigh and look around for someone to talk to about why the plane was delayed and if I could get on a different flight. "Sorry lovely, the plane had a problem with its last flight, so it needs to be checked by the mechanic first and he's an hour away, it's the only flight today," the lady at the service desk says, "happy holidays," she smiles down at me.

I turn around and roll my eyes "why does this sort of thing always happen..." I grumble to myself. The really annoying thing is my phone only works on wifi because I don't have a UK number so I can't call my grandparents for help. I just have to deal with it. It's also the middle of the night and I want to go to sleep. It's 1 pm in Sydney at the moment and I was trying to get my body clock back to normal for the flight so I have less jet lag.

I eventually found a cafe to sit in but it's only selling weird sandwiches and coffee, I wasn't fussed about the sandwiches but just wanted a coffee and some wifi. I deal with it and eat the sandwich and connect my phone to wifi, I decided to message Claire Mikey and my dad to say the flight was delayed and I tried calling Luke. I just wanted to talk to him, he'd be awake now, it goes straight to voicemail as if he's declined the call. Strange I thought he would be pleased to hear from me. I leave a voicemail anyway, "Hey Luke, it's Olivia, I miss you... just wanted to say my flight is delayed and I'll see you tomorrow night... um yeah, I miss you though, didn't think I would but there's so much I want to talk to you about... I think i-" the phone cuts out because there's no more time for the message I was going to say I think I really like him but I guess it will have to wait.

Luke pov

Fair enough to say I wasn't happy with Olivia at the moment, I mean we were doing good and then she freaked out and made me leave, then didn't talk to me for 2 weeks. She's meant to be back tomorrow but I don't think I can cope with seeing her. I think she's met someone else. I keep seeing her Instagram posts with this guy, he looks like a twat but who knows. The boys can tell something happened but don't want to ask, I've been in a mood for the whole time she's been away.

Calum even convinced me to get tinder with him and now we both have a date for new years which is nice, her name is madison or Michelle or something she doesn't go to our school tho, I think she goes to the private school in town or something. I and Calum met up with our dates yesterday as a double date thing. She without a doubt beautiful but something must be wrong with me because when I see her I just can't get Olivia out of my mind comparing the two like their hair is so different Maddison's is bleach blonde whereas Olivia has natural brown that is so shiny but still has a bit of a pink tint in the sun and Olivia's eyes are a piercing silvery blue that shine like the sea at night, whereas madisons are a dull brown colour. They couldn't be more different.

Calum really hit it off with his date Lucy, they have the same personality and I can imagine her getting on with everyone in the group. Maddison and her go to the same school but they aren't really friends or at least that's what I thought yesterday they had different opinions on everything.

I had a missed call after the date from Olivia, she even left a message but I didn't want to think about her so I haven't listened to it.

Calum had already invited them both to the party that we were going to before I could tell him I didn't want to go with her but I think it will be fine, at least that way if Olivia turns up she might get jealous and break up with the guy she met in England.

A/N troye is of course the amazing troye sivan, let me know what you think