Chapter 22: What does it all mean?

Olivia POV

After New Year I try to avoid Luke as much as I can. I decided this whole thing was a big drunken mistake. I even locked my window to stop him from sneaking in. I heard Mikey say something about him going on a few dates with a girl and that made everything even worse because I didn't hear about it from Luke himself. If he wanted to see other people he should have said that not just say, 'let's keep it casual' and then not talk to me for a week.

We went back to school tomorrow and he was over playing video games with Mikey downstairs. I knew this because they were making a racket. I'm trying to study in case there's a pop quiz tomorrow. I'm onto the second last subject and the boys are getting louder.

I sigh, staring at the physics problems and shaking my head knowing I need a break from it. I get up, grab my coffee cup and head downstairs hoping the boys don't see me because that would mean I'd have to see Luke and that's just plain annoying. I get to the bottom of the stairs and the last one squeaks and the boys all turn to look at me.

"Liv comes to join us, I haven't seen you in forever!" Calum says getting up to give me a hug.

I chuckled, taken off guard with Calums hug, "Hey Cal, I can breathe..." I manage to say patting his back lightly.

He lets go quickly, "sorry but you really should join."

"I just came down for some coffee, I'm studying," I say, trying to head towards the kitchen.

"Oh come on Ortega, don't be such a nerd," Luke smirks looking over at me.

"Oh come on Hemmings, don't be such a dickhead" I snap back at him, "I just want my coffee and then I'll be out your way," I mutter going into the kitchen and slamming the door. I put the kettle on and lean on the counter thinking for a moment.

"What did you do this time? I thought you two were good" I can just hear Michael ask Luke.

"Why do you automatically think it's my fault?" Luke chuckles back, I can't see him but he probably has a huge smirk on his face.

"Because it's always something to do with you" I hear the other 3 say at the same time.

"I bet it was something to do with that kiss at the carnival," Mikey says, sounding annoyed by it all.

"I swear I'm innocent in all this," he says, "she's probably on her period or some shit." Of course, he says that.

The kettle boils and I get my coffee ready, grabbing some Oreos before heading back up, "by the way guys can you keep the noise down a bit?" I mumble on the way past.

"You're no fun, Liv," Michael chuckled, looking over at me.

I stick my tongue out, "I'm just trying to pass physics," I say, messing up his hair before running up the stairs.

"Dork, we all know you get straight A's," I hear him shout up after me.

"Whatever," I mumble, getting back to my work.

About 30 minutes later, I'm still on the same physics equation and hear someone come up the stairs and my door opens. "Go away Michael, I told you I need to study," I grumble, not looking up from my work.

"Gee, is that really how you greet a guest?" I hear from behind me, I spin around in my chair to see Luke standing in my doorway.

"Go away," I grumble, throwing a ball of paper at him.

He chuckles, dodging the paper, "I just wanna talk to you... you need to stop avoiding me otherwise Michael is going to know something is up, which I know you don't want."