Chapter 6: Parties and Problems

Olivia POV

I let out a sigh as I leaned on a wall. Somehow, I managed to lose everyone within an hour, Claire was dancing somewhere with Mikey. Ashton and Calum had gone for a smoke and disappeared from the face of the earth. Luke and I weren't talking so I hadn't seen him since the car ride.

This left lil old me to be by myself with my drinks in hand. To add to all this, I also had to avoid Sam and Courtney and basically all the other cheerleaders, which is really hard because there's so many of them. I down my drink and go to make another one so that I can attempt to go and find people.

"Oh look it's the slut of the century," I hear the devil say behind me as I pour my drink.

I turn around to face her and it takes all my willpower to not just throw my drink at her but I only just managed so I stopped myself, "oh, really? Says the girl who literally stole my dildo of a boyfriend, less than a month ago... go fuck a duck!" I say and go to walk away but her minions (the other cheerleaders) stopped me.

She leans on the wall a big smirk on her face, "Ha no. Sam is the best human and would never cheat unless provoked, obviously you and that guy Luke have a thing going on and Sam simply felt hurt and rejected hence him now being with me!" she brags.

I roll my eyes at her "you can fucking have him... just remember everything he tells you he told me first, I saw on Instagram he took you up to the hill to sit under the stars on the first date? Yeah, that was our one month anniversary, it was 'our place' and I'm sure he's going to leave you as soon as someone better comes along just like he did with me!" I snap at her before storming off again this time pushing the minions out the way.

I storm outside and then walk into someone stumbling backwards. I look up seeing the pink-haired Luke "ugh, what do you want? Hemmings, I'm not in the mood to deal with your shit..."

"I saw what happened in there, I think everyone did so I came to make sure you're ok," he smiles slightly looking down at me.

I sighed looking up at him, "you end up doing that a lot lately."

"Well, I'm the only one who can call you a slut... I had to make sure I didn't need to punch the little shit," he chuckles and sips his drink. "Do you know where anyone else is? I haven't seen the boys for ages."

I shake my head "All I know is that Claire and Mikey are dancing somewhere and Ash and Calum came outside to smoke and then didn't come back," I say as I sip my drink and sit down on the porch steps not wanting to go back in yet, "and of course that Courtney is a fucking bitch..." I sigh leaning on the railing.

He nodded "did you not already know that?" I shrug patting the surface next to me to get him to sit down with me. "To be honest with you Ortega, I think that you should suck it up and ignore the stupid little shit, she's trying to ruin your night for no reason. And you're not usually one to let someone stop you from having fun." he chuckles.

"Buuut I don't wanna go back there... they'll gang up on me again..." I grumble.

"Right that's it, if you don't come back in with me then I'm throwing you in the pool," he threatened to bend down to pull me up.

"Ugh... fine! I'm up... can we at least find the others tho?" I question jumping up.

"No we don't need them, let's go dance silly," he says, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the party.

The perfect song for the situation comes on 'snap out of it' by the arctic monkeys and I get excited and hum along happily as we walk through the crowd. We find a spot and Luke spins me around and we sing along to the chorus "I wanna grab both your shoulders and shake, baby, snap out of it!" laugh and dance all silly and he grabs my shoulders and shakes them going along with the song and we snap our fingers with the beat laughing as we sing and drink. The song finishes and a mainstream pop song comes on, "do you wanna get another drink?" I shout pointing in the direction of the drinks table.