Chapter 41: Picture This

Olivia POV

It was fair to say I didn't want the day to start. Knowing it was Friday and that everyone at school would probably see the photo of Luke and me. Also knowing that it was all everyone was going to be talking about.

I was dreading it.

I even had a nightmare about how it might all fuck up and it was horrible, the projector in the cafeteria was showing the picture of Luke and I and the speakers of the school are replaying the words, "OLIVIA ORTEGA IS A SLUT" on repeat.

For this reason, I refused to move from Luke's arms. He wasn't really complaining, but he kept trying to convince me that it would be ok. Which is very sweet.

"If you let go, I'll bring you coffee?" he chuckles, he was sitting up in bed wide awake, while I lean on his chest sleepily my arms wrapped around him.

I think about it for a second, "fine... but can you bring up some toast too..." I say looking up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Only if you get dressed while I'm gone..." he tries to bargain with me.

"Ugh... I guess that works... I still don't wanna go in tho..."

"Love, your the one who was saying how much work we had to catch up on at school. We have been through worse than people spreading rumours, we can handle it" he says looking me in the eye.

"Fine... but I want peanut butter on my toast and make the coffee extra strong?" I say leaning up to kiss him.

He chuckles but kisses back, "yeah yeah, just get up and I'll drive us in when you're ready..." he chuckles getting up so get can go make my coffee.

"Whatever..." I grumble staring at the ceiling once he leaves. Thoughts were still racing through my head about last night and how I heard him say he loves me. I felt crazy as if I had imagined it from sheer exhaustion. I still wasn't sure tho.

I shake the thought and pull myself up getting some clothes out to wear from the draw I have here. I had forgotten to restock it with clean clothes so only had simple stuff like a pair of jeans and a Ramones T-shirt that had a mysterious stain on the front. I went with the jeans but took one of Luke's plain black T-shirts and tied it at the front to make it more fitted and then slipped on some jewellery and grabbed the denim jacket that he never wears to put on over the top. I wander downstairs sitting on the kitchen counter watching Luke make my coffee

"Is that my jacket?" he questions when he looks at me.

I nodded, "hope you don't mind... it's also your top... the only one I have here has a stain..."

"Course I don't mind, you look cute" he grins putting my coffee and toast down next to me and giving me a kiss.

I smile into the kiss, "coffee coffee coffee" I smile grabbing the cup.

He chuckles before running upstairs getting ready himself, he ends up in a black and white striped top and some black jeans and his leather jacket, "how do I look?" he asks spinning round and nearly falling at the end.

I try and hold in my laugh at his stumble but can't help it as I burst out laughing, "very smooth babe" I smirk sipping my coffee.

"Hush... enjoy the coffee...." he says trying to change the subject.

I roll my eyes, "I just think it's funny because it's you falling not me..." I smirk reaching to pull him down next to me so I can lean on him.

He chuckles putting a hand on either side of me on the counter, "whatever..."

I roll my eyes as I sip the coffee, "I still think today is a bad idea...."

"It'll be fine, we will walk in together, holding hands, yeah people will talk but we can ignore them... it'll be fine," he says calmly, kissing the top of my head, his arms snaking around my waist.