Chapter 11: forgive but not forget

Olivia pov

I wake up to loud shouting and banging. I grumble digging my face into the pillow. I hear a soft chuckle next to me and look up to see Luke sitting up in bed next to me as if everything is normal. "Why are their people shouting..." I groan looking up at him.

"I think my dad came to get some things..." he says casually.

"Ahh that explains it... sorry," I sit up slightly feeling bad for him.

"Don't be, he's an ass, I don't wanna see him so I stayed up here." he sighs, "you should go home though... Michael is worried about where you are? I told him that I brought you here because you didn't have a key" he chuckles putting a hand through his hair.

I chuckle lightly to myself, "Your kidding, Michaels worried? He's never worried!"

"Actually, he's always worried, just hides it well." Luke chuckles, "you can climb out the window if you wanna avoid the volcano of my parents," he says pointing in the right direction.

I pull myself up, "wanna come with me...?"

He smiles and nodded "sure," he says as he gets up out of bed and heads to the window.

I chuckle and follow him down. And I walk round to my front door and knock.

Michael comes to the door and pulls me into a tight hug "don't fucking do that again..."

"Gees Mikey... I told you I was fine..." I say muffled because he's hugging me so tightly.

"Yeah but you left without saying anything"

"Ahh...sorry you seemed busy shouting at Ashton and I didn't really wanna be there anymore..."

"It's ok... Just don't scare me like that..." he chuckles shaking my shoulders and looking down at me.

I chuckle, "are you gonna let me in or what?" I smile up at him.

He chuckles and opens the door for us, "so Luke said you got your wrist checked out at the hospital, what did you do, was it Ashton? Did he hurt you?"

I flopped on the couch "oh... um, actually that was my fault, when I punched Ashton I wasn't thinking straight so I did it with my bad hand, the pressure on my wrist stopped any healing that had happened so I'm back to square 1" I say quietly.

"Ashtons a dick, I told him that it was out of line," Mikey says sitting with me.

We all sit for a while and chat about everything that happened. I didn't want to talk about it but I could tell Michael wasn't going to shut up until he was satisfied that I'm ok. We even talked about what to tell Ashton and whether to talk to him at all, whether he would apologise.

We decided to hear out Ashton, see what he says and then decide what to do. But for now, I just wanted to relax and watch movies and get over this hangover.

**********

"I'm truly sorry, I swear I shouldn't have said any of those things to you and I should have trusted what you said... it just got to me and I was drunk..." Ashton explains to me in front of the over boys and Claire the next day. I told them I could see him alone but they all wanted to come.

I was about to say something when Micheal speaks for me, "don't blame it on being drunk" he says angrily across the table.

I shoot him a glare "Mikey shut up..." I mutter and then turn back to Ashton, "he's right you can't just blame the alcohol. Obviously, you believed what you were saying. Don't they say that drunk actions are sober thoughts?"

Ashton gets all fidgety and nervous, "ok... maybe I believed those rumours but I don't anymore I get it you and Luke are just two people that fight..." he says looking between Luke and me. "But I really am sorry Olivia..."