Chapter 29: Games

Olivia POV

For the rest of the day, Luke and I just chilled out in my room, neither of us had much energy to do anything, but we still wanted each other's company. Luke would also bring snacks and coffee up and down the stairs for me. We watched a comedy show on Netflix when I got a text from Michael saying he was on the way. I quickly look at Luke and try to think of a reason for him to be here.

"Mikeys, on the way, What do we tell them if they ask why you're here?" I say, getting up quickly, trying to think.

"Just say I was bringing you food?" Luke says, spinning around in my desk chair.

"But why would we be in my room?" I say looking at him as I quickly throw my hair up.

"Chemistry project?" he says seeming way too relaxed about this.

"Yes that's perfect" I smile relaxing slightly, "we do actually need to do that soon though."

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say, dork..." he smirks getting up out of the chair and walking towards me.

I hit his arm Playfully, "I'm not a dork!"

"Yes you are, you're an adorable one tho," he smirks, trying to save himself by putting his arms around my waist.

"Your really cheesy today..." I grumble before melting into him.

"I still think you secretly love it," he smirks down at me.

"I told you earlier it just feels weird when you say stuff like that" I chuckle remembering the conversation we had when I was making the pasta.

"Weird how?" he raised an eyebrow looking down at me.

"I don't know....Like a get a weird feeling in my stomach as if it's flipping," I shrug as if it's nothing wanting to move on from the topic.

He chuckles, "Like butterflies? You get butterflies?"

I shake my head hitting his arm lightly, "Not butterflies, butterflies would be a fluttering feeling, not a flipping feeling... it's more like..." I pause to think.

"Penguins?" he smirks, I swear this boy will do anything to bring up penguins it's insane.

"I was gonna say dolphins but penguins work too" I chuckle rolling my eyes at him.

"That's still super cute" he smirks, tucking some hair behind my ear making my stomach flip again.

"I haven't had that before tho with any other guy," I say looking up at him.

"That's because the other guys are dickheads and I'm the best," he says confidently with a huge grin on his face.

"Don't get too confident... you still have time to become a dickhead again," I smirk, pulling away teasingly. "we should get some notebooks or something out so it seems like we have been working," I say walking over to my desk.

"I hate you sometimes..." he grumbles flopping back down on the bed.

I roll my eyes as I come back with a notebook and my chemistry textbook, "we've had this conversation already, I know you like me," I chuckle sitting down next to him.

He rolls over so he can look up at me, "I said sometimes..." he chuckles, pulling one of the notebooks over to him.

I roll my eyes, "whatever you say, Hemmings..." I smirk fiddling with a pen as I look at some notes on the project.

"I have a crazy idea..." Luke says poking my waist playfully.

"Oh really? Is it to do with chemistry?" I raise an eyebrow and tap my pen on the notebook.