Chapter 43: Perfect

Olivia POV

The next week hadn't been bad, I've been panicking about studying for finals. Luke thinks I'm crazy but he's been helping me with it, I had managed to get him to see his dad with me tomorrow in Newcastle. We had just been informed that Justin was suspended for the rest of the semester and would probably have to move school or redo his senior year.

This simple fact made a smile appear for the rest of the day.

"You feeling better?" Luke chuckles as we sit in chemistry, we have a sub so we're just told to study, this meant everyone was just chatting. Luke has his foot hooked on mine under the table as usual.

I smile looking up from my notes, "maybe...just a bit..." I smile leaning up and kissing his cheek.

"Wanna do something fun after class?" he smirks as if he's up to something.

I raised an eyebrow, "we can study for the finals... that's fun right?" I smile innocently because we really did need to study.

He chuckles, "your adorable but I wasn't thinking that," he whispers in my ear, his hand resting on my thigh and squeezing lightly.

I bite my lip, "only if you call your dad to double check about this weekend" I whisper back, going back to write my notes.

He tenses up slightly, "fine... at some point..." he mumbles. I stop writing and look up noticing he's just staring at the paper in front of him, he notices I'm looking, "what?"

"Nothing just seemed tense..." I whisper, holding his hand under the desk.

He squeezes my hand, "sorry, I just don't like talking to my dad..." he says putting a hand through his hair, "we can talk about it later i know you wanna get work done" he smiles slightly.

I nodded squeezing his hand, "sorry I shouldn't have said anything..."

"Don't be silly love, my dads is just a dick," he chuckles leaning down to kiss me quickly.

"Ok ok, so what did you have in mind later?"

"Road trip? Picnic? Something like that"

"Ohh that sounds good!" I smile up at him, "can I go home first tho so I can change?" I had managed to spill my lunch all over me and when I went to lost property all they had was a massive gym top that looked like a dress on me and some gym shorts that were shorter than the top.

"Course but I don't mind you in these clothes..." he smirks drawing circles on my bare thigh.

I roll my eyes, "I promise whatever I change into will be better" I chuckle, poking his side.

"You could wear a paper bag and I would be happy," he chuckles, leaning in to kiss me again.

I smile into the kiss just wanting more of this, "thanks, but I still wanna change..." I giggle as the bell finally rings.

"Let's go then!" he chuckles throwing his stuff in his bag.

******

I had gotten changed into some flowy shorts and a crop top and tamed my hair a bit. Luke was waiting in his car. I was being quick but managed to find some stuff for us to study while at the picnic if we had time.

I ran back out to Luke's car and jumped in, "let's go, do you need to pick anything up?" I say looking at him.

He chuckles shaking his head, looking at the heavy bag of books on my lap and then at the outfit I was in, "of course you bring your books" he smiles putting iron the back seat for me and pulling me in for a kiss, "by the way, love, you are stunning and should wear shorts more" he chuckles.

Entangling his fingers in mine before starting the engine, this whole thing is making my face bright red, I should be used to him saying this by now but I'm actually not. I get the weird stomach flips every time.

"So where are we going?"

"It's a surprise..."

"What no you can't do that to me" I hate knowing something is a surprise because usually, I don't like it.

"Oh hush, this is our first date out in the world, without worrying about people seeing us... plus I know you will love it" he chuckles squeezing my hand.

After about an hour of driving the car comes to a stop. I look out the window and see a lake surrounded by trees and there's a field with flowers. The reflections are perfect on the water because there's is no wind.

"I'm guessing you like it... if not we can go somewhere else but-"

"Babe, I love it, common I wanna go explore!" I say kissing him quickly and jumping out of the car.

I can hear him chuckle as he gets out and walks around. I'm already off into the field of flowers when he puts his arms around my waist from behind pulling me close.

"You. are. gorgeous" he chuckles kissing my neck as he talks.

I giggle and spin around in his arms, my arms automatically going to pull him in for a kiss. This whole thing is amazing even just the fact he's brought me here. It's cute, I still feel like I'm on fire every time we kiss.

*******

We end up laying on the grass eating some of the snacks he brought with him, my head resting on his arm as he plays with my hair, I'm just looking up at him, his hair is floating in the wind and he just looks gorgeous.

"I love you," I blurt out for no reason, I had been feeling myself want to say it all day so I just gave in.

He turns looks down at me and smiles, "really?" he chuckles, tickling me lightly with his overarm. He rolls over so he's on top of me and able to tickle me properly.

I giggle hitting his arm lightly, "stop it" I can't help but smile.

He chuckles and stops tickling and just looks down at me as if he's studying my face, "I love you too," he smiles brushing the hair out my face.

I smile up at him and pull him down to kiss me.

It's all just perfect.