Chapter 15: If You Insist

Wilford's POV

How real everything felt, it was astonishing. I wish I could talk to her about it more, but she's in her room. I don't want to disturb her privacy. But, now I know she likes me. That's for sure. She told me herself. It's such a relief to know that she does. Yet, it puts more stress on me. I don't want times this up. I really do like her, maybe even love her. She's just so incredible. How could anyone not love her. But, I know Dark and Mark are major competition for me. If she chooses one of them over me, I'd understand. Mark has always been the front man of the three of us. If she chooses Dark, I'd probably be more upset than if she chose Mark. His name literally stands for evil. I spent 25 years in Mark's brain with him. Sure, sometimes she can be a great guy, but other times he's just plain horrible. I couldn't take it some times. All the lashing out over simple things. The fighting, it was so frequent. Sure, everyone had good days and bad, but his bad days outweigh the good by a lot. Too much. For if she does choose Dark, I don't know if I'll be able to control my own dark side. I can't let her do that. She deserves so much better. And maybe I won't be able to give her better, but I will try my hardest if she'll give me a chance. And if it doesn't work out, I wish only the best for her.

I can't take it anymore. I have to go talk to her. I walk up the stairs to her room and knock on her door. I hear some scrambling around in her room, then she comes to the door and opens it. Her hair is messy and her clothes slightly wrinkled. Even though she would probably say she doesn't look good, I would say otherwise. "Hey, Wilford," she says sleepily. She must've fallen asleep. I look behind her and see a book laying on the floor. "Can we talk?" I direct my attention back to her. "Yea. Sure," she turns around and sits down on the bed. I close the door behind me and sit down next to her. She stretches her arms above her head. Her shirt raises a little, exposing her stomach. I quickly look back up at her face, "(F/n), I've been thinking a lot. We need to get everything clear. We were in this story. I thought it was a dream, but I'm kind of questioning it. I just wanted to see, for sure, if you saw exactly what I did." Her eyes are more awake now, "I was reading The Best of Me and I though I fell asleep. But then I was put in the story with you, and you apparently saw it too. So, was it real?" "I hope so," I take her hand in mine. Her cheeks turn an adorable shade of pink. She looks down at our hands. Then looks back up at me through her lashes, "Will, being in that story with you was amazing. All the moments we shared... I think it created a real connection that was carried into the real world." I can feel my own cheeks turn a bright shade of red. "I hope it did. I feel like it did, anyway," I say quietly. "Wilford," she puts a finger under my chin and forces me to look at her, "I love you." She leans in slightly, then pauses. I close the distance between our lips. After several seconds, I pull away. Her face has a hint of disappointment, "do you remember the night we had together?" I ask shyly. "Yes," she says. After a moment of silence, she breaks it, "that was a great night." "I agree. I didn't think that's what it would've like. I never thought it could have such passion, so much love. I know I sound pathetic, but-" she cuts me off by kissing me again. "Would you want to try to recreate it?" she suggests. I get a goofy grin on my face, but I can't help it. "If you insist," I say as a lean over her and she lays back on the bed.

Sorry if this one was short, but MORE WILFORD! Plus, Mark has a livestream tomorrow!

And as always, I will see you in the next chapter!

Bye bye!