Chapter 42: I Remember

I don't think you all are prepared for what's about to happen. I want a ton of comments saying how happy you all are because I know you all will LOVE IT!!

Your POV

After laying in the sun for a few minutes in hopes of drying off, Mark sat up and broke the silence, "you about ready? I know we aren't completely dry but it's good enough." You sit up and nod. You did get pretty dry for just a few minutes. Mark stands up and hold his hand out to help you up. "Look up there. That's where we're going," he tells you with a smile on his face. "Really?" you look up at the tall hill, "that looks really high." "Just trust me," he begins to walk across the rocks in the creek to get to the other side. You follow.

You begin walking, side by side, up the hill. Walking on the winding trails is so peaceful. You take in all the beautiful green colors. The flowers of yellow, red, and every other color of the rainbow. It's all so breathtaking. You're so lost in the colors that your content in the silence created by you and Mark but broken by the bird and breeze. The temperature couldn't be any better. Not cold, not hot, absolutely perfect.

"Mark, tell me about when we were kids," you break the silence. He looks at you and grins, "I don't even know where to start." "Just anything. A story, everything wrapped up in one. I don't care. I just wanna know." He thinks for a second, "how about I tell you when we get to the top?" You agree to be patient. Even though, patience is not your strong suit.

You continue walking and you're almost to the top. You're focused on the beautiful greenery when you trip on a large rock in the path. Thankfully, Mark catches you. How his reaction was that fast, you have no idea. "Jesus, (F/n). Are you trying to give me a heart attack!" he sighs and helps you regain your balance, "are you okay?" "I'm fine. Thank you," you smile at him to confirm you're okay.

Finally, about five minutes later, you reach the top. The view is magnificent. It's the best thing about today. And it's the most astonishing thing you've ever seen period. "It's amazing isn't it?" Mark snaps you out if your staring. "Mark, this is crazy. It all feels so... so... familiar, though. I can't explain it. I feel like this is the first time I'm ever seeing all of this yet there's another part of me that feels like I have."

Mark just looks out over the trees and smiles. Something about that face, you just can't help but keep the smile off your own face. "What?" he looks over at you without losing his smile. "Nothing," you say. "Oh no, it's something." He obviously isn't going to give it up until you tell him," your smile is just contagious." He laughs a little, "I think it's yours that's contagious. Seeing you smile is what makes me the happiest. That's why I planned this whole day, I knew it'd make you smile." "How'd you know that?" you asked then remembered why, "oh yea. Wait, does that mean we've done this before?" Make doesn't reply but he simply goes back to staring out at the scenery and smiling. That's when you realize what he's done. "Mark," you say getting his attention. Before you can say anything, he wraps his arms around your waist and kisses you. Without even thinking, you wrap your arms around his neck and kiss back. When you pull away, you look him in the eyes, "I remember."