Chapter 19: It's Okay

Your POV

You sit in the living room and wait for Mark to come downstairs. Finally, when he does you stand up, "you ready?" he asks. You nod. You're about to walk out the door when you see Wilford standing on the stairs. "Go ahead. I'll be out in a minute," you tell Mark. He nods and walks out the front door. You walk over to Wilford and wrap your arms around his neck, "I'm sorry I'm leaving and for not telling you, but this is something I have to do." He squeezes you tightly, "I know. It's okay. I understand." His voice shaky. You can tell something is up, you assume it's because you're going to be alone with Mark for a while. You pull away to look at him, his eyes glazed over with tears, "I still love you," you lean up and kiss him. "I love you, too. I want you to know that no matter what happens, I will always love you. I wish I could spend more time with you," he sniffles. You can feel your heart break a little, "I'll be back in about a week. It's not like I'm leaving forever," you try to give him a smile, hoping to lift his spirits. He pulls you in for another hug, holding you tighter than before You can hear him mumble something to himself, but you can only make out a few words. "You... not... but... will."

"I better go," you pull back and look at him in his watery eyes, "I love you." He leans down and kisses you passionately, "I love you, so much. You'll never know." You release your grip as you give him one last smile and walk out the door.

Mark drives you both to the airport. He starts light conversations, but the awkwardness is still obviously present. He knows that you aren't very happy with him, but at this point you'll do anything to get your memory back. You go through security and wait for your plane. While sitting there, you put in your headphones and try to lift the mood for yourself, not worrying about him that much. When they call for your flight to board, Mark taps your arm, signaling for you to come on. You make your way to your seats, you got the window seat and Mark got the aisle one. After about 15 minutes of the plane being in the air, Mark taps you on the arm again, pulling your attention away from your music. You look over at him. "(F/n), can we talk?" he asks. "Well, I can't exactly say no. I'm kind of trapped here," you tell him, smiling. He returns the smile, "true, but anyway, there's some things I need to explain. I know that you still probably hate me, but you haven't heard my side of the story. First of all, I need to know what exactly I did to make you hate me so much." You think for a second, "well, first off you called me stupid and tried to hit me like a day after I came home from the hospital." His face shows his shock, "(F/n), I never tried to hit you." "But, I saw you. You raised up your arm and came at me." "(F/n)," he places his hand on yours, "I was trying to give you a hug. I felt bad for yelling at you. And I'm sorry for calling you stupid. I didn't mean it, I was just really mad." You think back and realize how stupid you were for even thinking he was trying to hit you, "what about when you punched Dark? Why would you do that?" "I did that for you. When I found out about him lying to you like that, I couldn't hold in the anger. You know he just said all those things to have sex with you right?" With everything he says you just feel even stupider. You can't believe you took all of these things so much different than they actually were. "Mark, I'm so sorry," you look away from him to the seat in front of you.

"It's fine, I just wish you wouldn't have assumed stuff," he moves his hand under yours and holds on tightly. "Mark..." you look back at him. "Come on, (F/n), I know how you feel," his eyes similar to puppy's eyes. "I'm kind of with-" Mark cuts you off, "Wilford, I know. But, you haven't even known him that long. You've known me for well over 20 years, I know you don't remember it, but that's why we're coming here." His eyes never leaving yours. You find yourself lost in his eyes, you can't look away. It's like he's hypnotizing you, but you don't even have a problem with it. "Wilford is me, so technically it's okay," he tells you. "What's okay?" you question. "This," he leans closer to you. You're brain completely empties of everything else in the world. When he gets halfway to you, you close the distance. You can't help yourself. This man is amazing, and you can't help but feel bad after all the horrible assumptions you made. The moment your lips meet, you feel it. Sparks go everywhere, fireworks boom, and butterflies flutter around in your stomach. You pull away, and he smiles at you, "I've been wanting to do that for so long, you don't even know."

The long awaited Mark romance is here! Sorry for making you all wait so long, but it went along with my plan.

Btw, please go subscribe to mine and BonnieWest's YouTube channel. It's called StepBesties. If we hit 50 subscribers, we'll do the WHISPER CHALLENGE! Even though I haven't asked her yet, she'll figure it out when she reads this (Sorry Bonnie!)

Anyway, thank you all so much for reading and voting, and as always I will see you in the next chapter.

Bye bye!