Chapter 43: This Is The End Of Me

Mark and (F/n) are gone. I'm not exactly sure where they went, but they've been gone for quite a while. My connection to Mark's brain is almost gone, so I can't hear his thoughts anymore. It's taking forever to leave, in less than a day, I'll be my own person. It's too bad Dark can't be here for this. I still feel horrible for him, and the way (F/n) reacted to his passing was heartbreaking. I never want to see her like that.

I want to get away from my thoughts so I leave the hotel and go down to the car. I just want to go somewhere.

I hop in the car and just start driving to who knows where. I still feel a little jealousy towards Mark, I really do like (F/n). I mean, she's the only girl I've ever really known.

Anyway, the sun has just went behind the horizon. I love sunset, so I stopped by a park for a few minutes just to watch it. I get back in the car, trying to kill time before Mark and (F/n) get back. I still don't know where I'm going, just going somewhere.

Darkness falls all around and after a few turns, I see the car behind me has been there for a while. It's probably just a coincidence. I'm probably in their way. I was about to pull over when I came across a railroad crossing. A train was passing so the guard rails were down. After this, I'll pull off the road so they can pass. I sit in my car, waiting for the train, when I see in the rear-view mirror the person get out of the car. I'm not sure why, but they start walking toward my car. I take a closer look, I know who it is.

I step out of the car and look at them, "How- What- Is this even possible?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. "But I thought you were-" he only nods. He walks back to his car and motions for me to follow. I follow but keep my distance, I'm not even sure if this is real. He reaches in the back seat and before he closes the door and turns back to me he says, "We have to go back to where we came from. It's the only way to get what we want." It only takes me a moment to understand what he's saying. I don't want to go back. I'm almost my own person now, I don't want to be trapped in Mark's mind again. I start running back to my car, I know it won't work. I'm trapped here. This is the end of me.

I stop before I open the door, knowing my fate. He holds up the gun, aimed at me, and pulls the trigger.