Chapter 40: I Promise

Your POV

After countless rounds of hide and seek, Mark finds you one last time and says, "you wanna go something else now?" "Sure," you say, not knowing what to expect now. "Follow me," he says, starting to walk toward the house. We enter it and he walks up stairs and enters the bedroom on the left. You wait at the bottom then see him poke his head around the corner, "you coming?" You nod and quickly walk up the stairs. In the middle of the room lay two mattresses. "Um, Mark?" you question them, a little nervous about what he has planned. "Don't worry, it's not what you think," he assures you. You feel relief fill you. "Grab a mattress," he says as he lifts the top mattress and drags it on it's side over to the doorway. You do as he said and get the mattress and follow him. "Mark, what are we doing?" much ask. "You'll see," is his answer.

He slides the mattress through the doorway and lays it flat on the floor. He sits down on top of it and starts scooting it forward toward the stairs. "Mark-" he cuts you off, "I told you. You'll see." He keeps scooting forward until he gets to the edge of the stairs. "Be careful. You're gonna fall down the stairs," you caution him. "That's the point," then he did one last scoot and he quickly vanished from sight. You rushed to the edge of the stairs and see Mark at the bottom, smiling and laughing. "What the hell, Mark?! You could've gotten hurt!" "Oh, come on, we us-" he cuts himself off, "it's fun. You want me to slide down with you." you accept his offer and he drags the mattress back up the stairs. He plops it down on the edge of the stairs and has you sit down. He sits behind you and wraps his arms around you, "you'll be fine. I promise." His body feels warm against yours. You feel a sense of déjà vu, but shake it off.

"Okay, we gotta scoot just a little then hold on," you both scoot and you're sent flying down the stairs. You let out a high pitched scream. You land at the bottom with your upper body going forward then back quickly. You accidentally bump against Mark and fall backwards on top of him. "My bad," you turn over and sit up. "No, you're fine," he stands up and holds out his hand to help you up as well. "Thanks."

"You ready for the next one?" he asks. "The next one?" you question. He looks at you like it's obvious, "yea, our next game."

If you're going to Indy Popcon tell me in the comments because I really wanna know!!!

I have been in a wonderful mood lately! My life is just amazing right now. I feel so lucky. Getting to go to Indy and possibly meeting some of you. Maybe going to Europe to play in concert band. Plus my 16th birthday party. Everything's just great!!

Anyway, I love you all so much. You're all wonderful and amazing and the best people I've ever know. Don't stop being you. Thank you all so much for reading and as always I will see you in the next chapter.

Bye bye!