sleepy

(y/n is tired after a case. spencer and y/n have returned to their apartment after and are in the mood for physical touch.)

"i am so tired that i could sleep in my work clothes," i mumble, trying my very hardest not to yawn and close my eyes on the elevator. despite the uncomfortableness my blazer, pants, and shoes brought upon me, i was exhausted.

he held onto my hand tighter, also to make sure i wouldn't fold over asleep. my head relaxes in his shoulder and he gently responds, "don't get too comfortable, darling." his voice was soft and tired like mine, and needless to say, it was very nice. especially since he called me 'darling' because he knows i love it.

i smile to myself and we step out of the elevator, trying to get to our apartment quickly. it was almost 4 am; we didn't want to wake anyone. the previous case had drained me—we stayed up for more than two days high on coffee and the smell of ink from the paperwork. i barely napped on the jet, too.

once inside, i stop spencer and look at him. despite my lack of sleep and tired eyes, i could still see his incredibly handsome features. he smiled back at me, admiring me in return.

i put my forehead into his chest and my arms go around his torso, which caused him to put his rather large and warm hands on my waist.

"what's wrong?" he asks, whispering it against me. i whisper back, although i was unsure why we were whispering, "nothing. i just wanna hug you."

i feel his cheeks raise against my hair in a smile. his arms go around my waist instead, and he gently squeezes me before putting himself all the way around me in a hug. i was a person who craved physical touch, and he knew this. i loved feeling his touch, and only his, and he was the same way. his arms even went all the way around my body, making me feel secure. in return, my arms go around his neck and i take a deep breath of his mahogany cologne mixed with the smell of books. he always smelled perfect whether we'd been in the field all day or not.

he sways me a bit after realizing how relaxed i was in his grip and reaches to my hair, releasing my hair of the claw clip and throwing the accessory onto the couch behind our entangled bodies. his fingers go through my hair as he kisses my temple repeatedly, then continuing to mutter, "come on, let's go get you some pajamas."

he doesn't let go though, instead, he drags me in this hug back into our bedroom and sits me down on the bed.

i rub my eyes as spencer goes to the dresser, getting pajamas for the both of us. for me, underwear, a sports bra, a tank top, and a pair of his sweatpants. he gets a pair of underwear and sweatpants for him, as well.

he returns to me, and helps me get the pajamas on. he kisses my forehead and orders, "get in bed, sweetheart. i'll be back." i nod, laying down, waiting for him while he brushed his teeth and did his nightly routine. i had turned him over to using skincare and he loved it—which i thought was quite cute.

spencer comes back, his sweatpants on. he never liked wearing shirts to sleep in. he smiles after seeing me which made my cheeks red, and his arms go around me under the covers. i close my eyes, scooting towards him, and open them once i feel his breath against me. he pushes the freshly cut curtain bangs from my face and our noses touch. i don't know why he didn't just kiss me—he'd kissed me a billion times.

spencer whispers, "y/n, you're beautiful." i smile, a genuine one, especially after the gruesome case. he kisses my smile, and i kiss him back a few more times. they were good kisses too—much needed which made them even more exceptional.

i smile again afterwords, my cheeks flourishing in red and heat regardless of our relationship that had been going for a strong three years.

leaning into spencer, i softly say, "i love you."

——
word count - 729.