insects

(an insect enters y/n and spencer's apartment.)

we had just gotten home from a long and tiring case, so spencer asked if we could watch a movie. i couldn't say no to his puppy eyes, so here we are, watching a film.

i'll be honest and admit it, i had no idea what was going on in the movie. i was more focused on spencer, who demanded that i lie in his lap so he could play with my hands.

he put a pillow against the arm of the couch so he was able to express his love language—physical touch—whether that be in holding my hands or running his fingers through my hair.

all i knew about the movie was the title, but i could honestly care less because of the distraction in my arms. i stared at him and a small smile was engraved on my face. i liked admiring his features—his tired eyes covered in dark circles, his pink lips i'd kissed a billion times, and that stupidly cute rounded nose. his profound cheekbones.

he was getting a bit tired—his eyes slowly starting to fall as i ran my fingers through his hair. and soon, he was barely awake. so i rub his back and kiss his temple, "i'm gonna go hop in the shower, okay?" he nods and mutters, "i love you, y/n."

i laugh simply, "i love you too, spence." he reaches up, closing his eyes and puckering his lips—begging a kiss from me. i kiss him quickly, watching as he snuggled back into the couch where i was before. he cuddled a pillow in my place and i smiled happily to myself, walking to the bathroom.

i had taken off my clothes—along with all my jewelry and makeup—and put all of my products in the shower. but right before i slipped in, something caught my eye: a little movement in the corner of the shower. automatically, i move the shower curtain to find this huge cockroach.

one little detail about me, was that i hated bugs. absolutely hated them. when i was younger, i would start crying if a fly had entered the car. i could do dead bodies and blood and everything we dealt with at work, but not bugs.

immediately, i scream, and spencer—who i assumed was sleeping—comes running as i stood there frozen. "what's wrong, y/n?" he asks almost out of breath from sprinting to me so quickly.

spencer looks around to make sure someone hadn't entered our apartment or anything—because that tended to happen a lot. after seeing we were alone, except for the bug, i say, "spence- there's a bug."

he smiles slightly at my dramatic-ness even though he knew of my 'fear.' he moves the curtain and watches the cockroach run faster and spencer jolts back too. i come to spencer for safety and he says, "you know they're more scared of you, right?" i shake my head and he just smiles.

"we should just burn the whole apartment down," i suggest as a joke.. kind of. he laughs, trying to find the cockroach again because he lost it; he seemed hesitant though. i knew spencer wasn't fond of bugs either.

eventually, after we both looked for said cockroach for a while, he found it, and i watched him as he picked it up with a paper towel and let it out the window. later, he pulls me to him and says, "are you that scared, darling?" i nod and he laughs as he kisses me.

following the kiss, i push his hands off the towel that rested around my body and i say, "now, wash your hands. you touched it." he just giggles.

——
word count - 619.