remembering the small things (part 2)

(y/n and spencer continue their date and afterwards they find spencer's wingman.)

we continued to question each other about which mystical creatures we'd be in another life, explaining our weirdest dreams, and creating new nicknames for one another; and spencer is suddenly covering my eyes with his palm.

he held my waist to guide me wherever we were going but our location wasn't what was crossing my mind at that moment. that was, until i smelled the interior and heard all the machines whirring, including the laser guns.

his hand falls from my eyes while his other lingers on my waist and i'm able to recognize the arcade-it was my favorite one as a child. my sister and i would come here on vacations and i constantly played pac-man. i was really good at it too.

i reach for spencer's hand as i got so excited from the flooding nostalgia and good memories. especially since i'd be able to relive them with my favorite person.

he smiles and assures, "this is the right one, correct?" i nod and scoff, "you're unbelievable."

and soon enough, spencer and i are shooting each other's characters in the games. he let me win, it was obvious, but his smile never faded despite all the losses. he knew i'd give him shit for it, but he didn't care.

they had a new attraction since i'd been there last-one where two people would enter this dark room and they were to sit in these electronic seats as wind is blown at them. the employees gave us our 3d glasses and we enter the dark and quiet room to go on a realistic rollercoaster.

i could see the uneasiness in spencer's eyes as we entered alone. "y/n, are you sure about this? they said to make sure to fasten our seatbelt because it moves fast," he commented.

i take his fingers that were interlaced with mine and pull him into the seat next to mine. i squeeze his hand and assure, "i won't let go." he slips on his glasses.

his heartbeat started raising once the screen began displaying a rollercoaster and our seats moved. but not once did he complain. as we walked out and our eyes adjusted to the light, i joke, "not too much of a roller coaster guy, huh?"

he rolls his eyes slightly before i'm dragging him to the pac-man machine.

"this is our last token y/n," he warns.

"i know. that's why you're playing."

his voice got all high-pitched like it did when he was accused of something or was upset. he still had that adorable smile though, "w- what? no, no, no, y/n, i don't even know how it works. besides, you've been talking about pac-man since we got here."

although i did want to play, i wanted spencer to play more than me. he'd allowed me to play every game of the night, and i really wanted for him to enjoy a game while i watched; plus, i could see how good he was at this-it was an important part of my standards.

"it's just skill and timing, spence. and i wanna see you win since you let me win at every game we played.. don't act like i didn't notice." he lets a small smile escape and there's a bit of silence that was filled with strong eye contact.

but my dumb ass breaks it by clearing my throat and saying, "ready?" he nods, looking away as i slip our last token in. "okay, pretty boy, since you're so filled with facts, it's my turn," i began.

he side-eyes me as the characters pop up and i say, "did you know that the characters in pac-man all came from and were inspired by comic book characters? like- oh, like popeye, the guy that ate spinach to gain power and strength-eating is incorporated to build energy."