protective

(spencer is protective over y/n throughout the case.)

we get to our crime scene and of course with our job, we're immediately swarmed with news reporters and tv cameramen.

'can you answer questions on the how the peterson's deaths have been ruled out?'
'when are you holding a press conference?'
'will there be any photos released to the public?'

who could possibly be interested in two murdered victims in their homes? quite sick if you ask me. i guess i was one of the sick ones so fascinated by my job that it was the only thing i could passionately speak about.. well, other than spencer.

i try controlling them back, but being a media liaison and also a woman, i'm touched and my arm is grabbed. my blazer gets tugged a bit and i'm pulled back by these people.

i saw the man who did it—it was one of my 'enemies'. he was a fantastic reporter, but always giving out fake news and it got under my skin how he always went directly after me and my team.

i huff and catch spencer's attention, which causes him to come back to the crowd. he had this fierce look in his eyes that i'd never seen before—he was visibly upset.

he takes the man's hand off my arm, quite roughly, which surprised me because spencer wasn't one to appear to be strong with his lankiness. it was hot to say the least.

spencer takes me with him, and comes behind me in a hug. as we walk, he asks, "you okay?" and i mumble, "yeah." his arms stay around me as we leave the crowd. i never minded his touch.

in unison, jj, spencer, and i, all say, "no comment," to all the busy questions.

once away, spencer pulls me aside and says, "are you sure you're alright, y/n? i can go back and tell them not to do that." i nod and say, "i'm fine." he stares at me for a few moments longer, his eyes intimidating although i found them very attractive.

he continues, "i'm sorry. it just seems extremely disrespectful—i'm sorry they do that to you." i swallow, "i'm okay, spence. don't worry about me." i pause and then admit, "although, sometimes i do wish i could just yell in their faces to fuc-" i'm cut off by jj, who waves us down from inside.

spencer gives me a small smile and we go inside.

after those five days with no sleep, terrible coffee, too much chinese food and overdoing myself in these reports, i was exhausted.

we got on the jet and everyone crashed—not the plane; asleep, i mean—except spencer and i. i needed the sleep but i wouldn't be comfortable enough knowing that spencer wasn't asleep either.

i close my book, turning to the attractive man next to me, "i think that we're both waiting for the other to fall asleep." he smiles, continuing to keep his eyes on the book in his hands and turns the page as he mumbles, "yep."

i reach behind me and take the pillow, placing it in spencer's lap. he looks at me, confused. i raise my eyebrows and spread my blanket on the both of us. he just stares at me, a small smile on his face, yet mixed with some bit of confusion.

i whisper, "i'm using you as a pillow." he articulates, "you have a pillow." he didn't say it in an annoyed way, rather a sly way. he just wanted to me to admit that i wanted to fall asleep in his arms.

i provoke, "you're comfier." i hear his light laugh before his soft fingers reach to my hair and push it behind my ears. his eyes relax as he smiles at me.

i feel him shift a bit to get comfortable himself. he whispers, "goodnight, y/n." i smile, keeping my eyes closed, "goodnight, spence."

i wake up, feeling a vibration against my nose. i open my eyes only to notice how my face was buried in spencer's torso. he spoke diligently to morgan, who sat in front of us.

i swallow, parting from spencer's warmth. his hand falls from my back—which nonchalantly rested there—and he noticed my sleepy eyes.

he questions, "sleep good?" i smile and nod, "never better," as i rubbed my eyes. i scoot into his lap more and to be honest, i didn't really care that morgan was giving me look from the side.

i was exhausted. and spencer smelled really good. his hand went right back to my waist again so he could continue drawing circles on my clothes. i fell right asleep.

——
word count - 787.