dinosaur

(spencer has a nightmare and goes to y/n.)

spencer groggily walks towards me, only for me to realize that his eyes were puffy and red. i lift from the edge of the couch, putting my chin into the side of the cushion.

i let go of my book, allowing the pages to become all mixed up again and losing my spot, but i didn't mind because spencer was more important.

"you okay, sweetheart?" i ask him. he nods and gets a cup of water, takes a sip, and comes to me on the couch.

i scoot to him, putting my arm on his back and my head in his shoulder. i look up at him, "what's wrong?"

he sets his glass of water down, pushing me back down onto the couch and lies his head in the crook of my neck. i take the blanket i'd been cuddling with to replace spencer, and lift it over both of our now entangled bodies.

i take my glasses off, putting them to the side and look down at spencer, pressing my lips to his forehead in repeated kisses.

i smell his green apple shampoo that i'd always tease him for as i ran my fingers through his hair, tickling his back as i did so.

he sniffles and mumbles, "i had a nightmare."

i look down at him in my arms and whisper, "what was it about?"

he looks up at me, resting his chin on my chest from the revealing tank top that i had on. his hands to go my waist, squeezing them together to feel like he had me in his grasp.

his eyes looked so pretty in the illumination from our apartment but i could tell spencer felt like he was crushing me underneath him. but i bring him back to me to relax. he whispers, "that you didn't love me."

he stares at me almost innocently-either he wanted attention or was on the verge of tears. i think it a mix of both.

i felt bad about making him sleep alone, but he fell into a nap while i was in the shower and i really just didn't want to wake him. maybe i should have if he was having such bad dreams.

my smile fades and i caress his cheek, "you know that could never be true."

he smashes his lips together and says, "i know."

i smile back at him, watching as he looked at my lips. he then brings his to mine, kissing me gently. he does a few times and i could feel his worry going away.

i wipe his cheek afterwards, causing me to smile because i always loved how profound his cheekbones were.

his lips tap into my neck as he lied down, and he whispers, "it was actually about a dinosaur chasing me, but that sounded better."

i close my eyes, bursting into a laugh. he just smiled as i chuckled.

i say, "i love you, spencer."

"i love you more, y/n," he tells me, before kissing me-a lot rougher than before-a few times.

he lies back in my arms and falls asleep again.

--
word count - 531.