mini spencer

(spencer teaches his daughter about state capitals.)
(sorry this is a little short)

"y/n! y/n!" spencer practically shouts from the living room. i drop the cutting knife in my hands and immediately rush over to him, leaving the lunch i was fixing at the table.

my initial thought was something was wrong and he needed me for help, but my worried face was cut off by a big smile on his. there was also a big smile on our daughter's face, who was sitting in his lap. my face relaxes and he says, "oh, i didn't mean to scare you, darling."

i realized nothing bad had happened and they were both okay, so i sit down in the floor and say, "everything's okay?" i look at juliet, our now two year old daughter, and she couldn't have been happier. her glowing hazel eyes stared up at spencer's. she had taken most of his features, including his lip shape, his nose, and eye color. she had my hair, but that was just about it. i didn't mind though; having a mini spencer was perfect.

spencer leans to me, placing a quick kiss on my lips to fully calm me down, "everything's okay."

he then turns to the girl in his lap and says, "juliet, tell mommy what the capital of virginia is." with her baby gibberish and undeveloped speech, she manages to express, "richmond."

i couldn't help but laugh at the fact that she knew and spencer had taught her—he was always one to be spitting out facts left and right so it wasn't much of a surprise that our daughter did too.

she reaches for me and i take her welcomingly and she begins playing with my hair—which was another thing spencer did quite often. after she saw how proud of her i was, she says, "and hawaii is honolulu."

i laugh and say, "good job, darling! is daddy a good teacher?" i raise my eyes and turn to spencer, and received a look back as i meant a little something other than just learning about state capitals.

she nods and i swarm her cheeks with kisses. i tell her, "i love you so so so much." she wraps her tiny hands around my neck and kisses my nose, "i love you too, sweetheart."

juliet always heard spencer calling me sweetheart, so she did the same. i thought it was the cutest. spencer's smile that had been glued on, comes to mine and kisses me—much longer than before. he says, "i love you, sweetheart." my red cheeks made him smile again as i said, "i love you."

juliet claps her tiny hands—something she'd learned from her godmother, penelope—and says, "do it again!"

——
word count - 462.