mom (part 2)

(y/n and spencer's relationship furthers and they return to work.)

"spence-" i warn, but he just continues smiling. "please, it's the last thing i can do after everything you've done this weekend," spencer insists.

i stand patiently and awkwardly as i put my wallet away after he grabbed cash to pay for my meal along with his. he then runs back to the table to leave our waiter a tip and to grab his bag he forgot.

the cashier says, "he's cute," to which i just laugh and nod. she continues, "is he single?" i clear my throat and turn to him, smiling as he reached into the booth for his bag. he sets a small tip down and i turn back to her, "no, sorry," confidently.

she nods and smiles, "oh, i'm sorry. he must really like you." he comes back and hands him change. i smile and say, "thanks," as we leave. i couldn't quite tell if i was telling spencer thanks or the cashier. she just nods.

spencer stares at me as we walk outside, and i clear my throat to say, "she asked if you were single." he smiles but i keep my smile to the ground. "w- what did you tell her?" he asks.

i pause and take a deep breath, "no." i look back up at him and we exchange smiles, before he takes my hand.

i sit on the couch, continuing to eat some of the food we received from room service. spencer sits next to me under the blanket, staring contently at the tv as we watched an episode of doctor who.

he leans his head on my shoulder and i turn the volume down on the tv, taking a sip of water before i stood up. immediately, i hold my hands out for him.

i laugh, "dance with me." he scoffs, "y/n.." in disagreement.

i tease, "please? i promise you'll feel so much better. i'm like a professional dancer; you won't regret it."

spencer and i had danced a thousand times. i knew exactly how he danced and how to dance along with him and vice versa. he takes my hands and i pull him to the center of our hotel room, smiling as he took my waist.

"remember jj's wedding?" he giggles. i laugh and say, "this one will mean more." he just raises his eyebrows.

he relaxes as he pulls my stomach to his. my hands went behind his neck as i played with my rings. i look into both of his eyes and say, "now, speak."

"do you wanna know why i wanted you to come?" he questions. "i'm your best friend." i shrug in a bragging way. i was just kidding.

"yeah.. but mainly because you make me happy. every time i'm with you, i'm happy. no matter what we're doing, you somehow make it exciting. i know that she may not have all the time in the world remembering me anymore, so i just wanted to make sure she saw and remembers me happy. and i knew the only way that i was truly happy, was if you were there with me."

awed, i stare at spencer before me, thanking whatever god above that i had him in my life. our eyes both had that lovey-dovey look in them as he continued, "and i think it worked."

i smile and come closer to him to where my arms were touching his neck and begin tracing his hairline. i could tell it felt good by the relaxed look in his eyes. i couldn't help but smile as my eyes traveled from his to his lips—wishing i could be closer to them.

i swallow and softly say, "well, you might have to call her back. because you lied." his eyes wiggled as he questioned me, thinking he did something wrong.

i stop swaying back and forth and tell him, "you weren't truthful about my feelings for you. spence, i- i do feel the same."

he stares at me in astonishment, before i lean into his lips. i pause right at them and go in for the kiss. his lips were warm and soft—absolutely perfect. just like everything about him.

i lean away from his face, remaining to keep my body in his arms that were now all the way around me. i try to study his expression after the peck, to find his eyes remaining closed as he savored it. he leaned into me for another one—and this one was much longer and sloppier. his hands go to my cheeks to pull me to him, as mine went to his sides.

spencer and i kept kissing as neither of us could or wanted to stop. collectively, we'd waited so long for this moment—the room was filled with so much silence yet so many words were being spoken.

he stops and says, "wait." i take in my lips—the ones that now tasted like him—as i watch him speak to me carefully. "this isn't a 'just friends' thing right?" i smile and scoff, "no way. i love you more than 'just friends,' spence." he smiles and comes to me for more.

"um, no. look at me, you two." morgan stops us. i look at spencer as we spun to the muscular man. he looks at us with a confused look in his eyes, yet an intrigued one.

he looks over and i follow his eyes to emily, even as he says, "prentiss!" she looks up quickly and smiles, "oh, hey guys!"

she comes over to us to stand beside morgan. she stares a bit longer and that same confused, intrigued look surrounds her eyes.

i giggle and question, "what, is there something on my face?" i look up at spencer, who stared at me with a gentle smile on his face. we knew what they were talking about—they noticed how much happier we were. especially after seeing spencer's ill mother.

that was probably the best weekend of our lives considering the circumstances. all we'd done was made out—a lot—and explored las vegas with the time we had before returning to work. nothing more happened besides kissing; and officializing our relationship as we agreed we were totally into one another.

but how could they tell? emily covers her mouth and says, "oh my god." she lowers her voice as she comes closer, "you guys did it in a hotel room while seeing your mom the day before." i look at spencer in panic.

i don't really know why i was panicking because i didn't really care if anyone knew about us dating—but i didn't want them finding out this way and so quickly. plus, we didn't even do 'it', all we did was kissed.

i scoff, "no." derek smiles, holding his hand up for a fist bump to spencer, "nice one, kid." spencer makes a funny face and ignores morgan's bump, in which he puts his hand down.

"we- we didn't do that.

emily smiles, in a teasingly way as she asks, "then what did you do, reid?" spencer turns to me and i say, "um- well, i think after seeing diana, we discovered our feelings for one another after being alone together for a while."

emily pursues, "go on. details."

"i just kissed her! that's it!"

"well.. did you kiss him back?"

"we have work guys," i roll my eyes at them only to receive a giggle of embarrassment from my boyfriend.

——
word count - 1247.