the fisher king (part 2)

(the case finishes up.)

after too much working and not enough sleep along with a bunch of bad coffee, we finally had a hopeful address.

i even got to meet spencer's mom—but not in the most ideal way. he had to force her on a plane from vegas and bring her to virginia to have her placed in protective custody. i didn't get to talk to her.. yet.

anyways, we walk into this big mansion-like castle with our guns raised. again. no one was inside, until spencer radioed in that he'd seen a shadow upstairs.

we go up the stairs after realizing downstairs was clear and he whispers, "the unsub is in there."

we stand at the corner of the wall, waiting on directions from hotch and allowing swat to get into place. spencer shakes his head, his brown curls bouncing, "wait," and gives his gun to a swat member.

at his sudden actions, i whisper, "spencer-" but he doesn't listen to me, and continues walking to the door with his arms up in a surrender motion. he opens the door slowly and moves to where we couldn't hear him. i turn to morgan, and saw the frustration in his eyes as well.

from around the corner, spencer says, "guys, i think you should go downstairs. mr garner and i are going to speak." he said this loud enough for us to hear, but i think he said it loud enough for our unsub—randall garner—to hear it too.

i whisper-yell, but only loud enough for spencer to hear and not the unsub, "are you out of your mind?" he doesn't respond. neither me nor morgan move.

spencer was insane to think that anyone was leaving—much less me. especially with a man that had kidnapped a woman and knew just about everything about everyone on the team. no way.

suddenly, spencer yells, "run!" and i hesitantly moved. of course, we were always ordered to run if told to, but i had to make sure spencer got out safely too.

my ears ring from the explosion that had pushed me to the stair railing, but that didn't stop me from running back to spencer, who was a bit closer to the bomb. he was lying on the floor. morgan did the same as me, but he checks on me before spencer.

there was a fire spreading up the back of spencer's legs so morgan and i both pat him down to get it out. we then get everyone down the stairs so we could get out of the burning house.

morgan grumbles, "you didn't think to tell us he had a bomb?!" spencer closes his eyes tight and throws his hands in the air. he almost looked like a toddler about to throw a tantrum. "let me think! let me think!" he shouts. spencer then pauses, and pushes his hair behind his ears. he only ever did this when something great came across that brain of his.

"the basement! the basement!" he shouts again, making us all follow him down to the basement in hopes of finding the kidnapped girl down there. we see her, grab her, and run.

hotch ordered me to go to the ambulance to get my hand looked at and bandaged up. i had a small cut on my arm and burns all around my wrist and hand. it was nothing too serious.

spencer comes walking quickly to the back of the ambulance where i stood and i thank the medics as they leave the two of us alone. spencer purses his lips in disappointment that i was hurt, "are you okay?"

i stand up as he came closer to me, and he takes my waist in despite the fact that our whole team was obviously staring at us. i smile and push his shoulder jokingly, "i would be a lot better if you told us there was a bomb, spence!"

he raises his eyebrows and levels the pitch in his voice—he only did this when he was about to go on one of his daily rants. "i- i couldn't! you wouldn't have let me in there!"