mom (part 1)

(y/n stays with spencer to see his mother. they get to know each other.)
{also, sorry this is a bit long. i didn't want to do multiple parts, but i think i might have to lol}

barely even able to look up at our boss, spencer mumbles, "hotch?" said boss turns to spencer, noticing as he broke apart from the rest of us as we boarded to go home.

spencer glances at me; the look in his eyes concerned me—i'd seen it before and it was the look before he cried. he swallows with a struggle allowing me to know that that lump in his throat was present.

"is it ok if i stay back for a little while? i- i want to see my mom?" he questions. how was hotch supposed to say no? after we finished a hard case, like the one we'd just got over, we were given a short grace period before we had another one. spencer was obviously distraught by the town and its memories with this mother.

hotch nods, very understanding of how he felt. i turn and look at the team, noticing that everyone was already staring at me. hotch nods his head at me—i knew what he meant by this.

i was spencer's best friend and oddly enough, the only one that was able to comfort spencer when it came to these kinds of things.

after the team gives us sympathetic smiles and waves, they board the jet and start to get ready to go home. i took spencer's hand and took him further from the landing take off area.

i took him in a gentle hug and his arms went around my waist as i ran my fingers through his hair. he whispers, "thank you- i just don't wanna be alone." i turn to him and whisper in return, "it's okay, spence. i'm right here."

i kiss his temple quickly, not in that type of way, more of an 'i'm here for you' type of way. but.. if he did particularly want it to mean something more than it did, it totally could.

i liked spencer probably more than i should have. it was apparent he liked me way before i caught feelings in return but i quickly rejected him before anything got serious—which i felt extremely bad about. but, i was in so deep now, i felt like there was no way getting out.

spencer always got flustered around me when others were near. especially morgan—spencer barely spoke to me when he was around. but when it was just spencer and i, things were so much different. he almost lived with me after i nearly asked him to move in with me. if thirty minutes went by without us seeing one another, we'd soon feel incomplete. we'd been through everything together.

and now i was hopefully going to meet his mom.

i smell his green apple shampoo as i pressed my lips into his hair over and over in a friendly manner. he looks up and stares at me, showing me his red eyes from where he almost cried but didn't. i cup his cheeks, and softly say, "c'mon. let's go get a hotel."

he nods and takes my hand. i feel his fingers run across my rings for comfort as we walked back into busy las vegas.

after we slept in our small bed in the extremely tiny hotel we had for the next few nights, i felt different. i felt vulnerable—i'd opened up.

we cuddled as per request by spencer; i had no problem in holding spencer to sleep, which was the problem. we stared at one another in admiration for a good 15 minutes after waking up and i wished i could do it for forever. but it was inappropriate—i shouldn't have felt like this when he was in such a sensitive state. especially since his mom was only a block away from us.

we talked about her the night before since i hadn't met her yet, so i could try to get to know a bit more about her before i officially met her. she liked flowers and books and seeing spencer, but sometimes she'd have bad days. we just had to hope that today wasn't one of them.