5 Years Ago...

~Mew's POV~

We can finally take our babies home!

They have been living in the hospital for almost 6 or 7 months since they were born. They were born prematurely so we had to keep them here until they were healthy and safe enough to go home.

I remember the first time I saw them I cried for hours. They were so tiny and pink. My baby was also very weak after birth but wanted to see them in their incubators. He couldn't even see them until 2 days after they were born. It made me very mad but I took pictures of them with my phone for him to look at until they let him look at them through the window.

He also cried for a long time when he saw them.

My parents tried to visit them but they weren't allowed since they weren't the parents and it was safer for them to have limited contact with people.

My mother got mad but what made me pissed off was she brought up our first baby. She blamed him for not being able to care for children and even called him an awful mother. That set my baby off and he entered a depression stage where he said it was his own fault his body couldn't ever take care of our babies.

I was mad and I told her to never come near our kids or Gulf until she apologized to him.

It took me nearly the whole 6 months to convince him it was never his fault.

The first time we even got to hold them was almost 3 weeks after they were born and it was only for a few minutes.

Sure it was hard in the beginning for us but I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm glad we can finally take them home and care for them there.

We had prepared their original nursery when Gulf was 5 months along but then something happened to Gulf to cause him to go into labor. We never found out what triggered it to lead the boys to being born prematurely.

A month before we could take them home, the doctor told us if everything progressed as hoped for and they were able to go a few days with an open crib we could take them home.

They were already at a healthy weight and were breastfeeding properly so if they could do that we could take them home. At first Thorn had the most trouble but it took some time for them to be able to sleep with an open crib.

That takes us to now. Taking our babies home. It was wonderful to spend a night at our home with our boys for the first time.

We even invited Krist and Singto over so they could meet them. They cried since they couldn't ever visit so the first time they saw our boys they cried.

Holding them was a whole other story. We had them wash their hands and everything before giving them over and watching as they held them.

They cooed at them and called themselves their uncles and said they would spoil them with cuddles and gifts.

It was a very wonderful day.

My mother apologized a week after we took them home because she said she wanted to see her grandkids and that she was wrong.

We waited a week before we let her visit.

When she did visit she told us she had been doing some research and said it would help if we hired a nanny that specialized in premature babies. She said she even knew the best one.