Village

~Mew's POV~

"Please babe~ just to do light shopping for us."

My baby wants to go to the small village near here to shop for groceries and stuff.....alone.

"No baby. I want you in here safe. I'm just going to grab things and then come back immediately. I don't want you out there alone."

"But babe~ I just want to go out and go shopping. It's just grabbing food and seeing if they have materials so I can make clothes for Type...pretty please." He batted his beautiful eyes and pouted.

"If we both go, that means we leave the kids alone here and I'm not going to allow that."

"Then we should all go."

I started sighing before he continued.

"Pretty please! I'm sure they would like to go out too!"

"But it's not safe-"

His eyes started filling with tears and his voice got shakey.

"Please~ I d-don't want to f-feel vulnerable here....I don't want to f-feel like we are still being w-watched here... p-please...I want to f-feel like everything's n-normal a-again..."

Shit.

"Okay okay....don't cry baby. I'm sorry. I just want you all to be safe. Don't cry love." I started cooing while pulling him into my arms and petting his hair.

"I d-don't want to f-feel like this.....11 hours a-away from home....I d-don't want to f-feel l-like every s-step we take has to be calculated b-before we continue g-going forward..."

He sobbing now and I can't stop him.

"Baby I'm sorry....please stop crying...I just don't want anything to happen to any of you...I'm sorry....please breathe..."

He's taking in shakey breaths to calm himself down.

"I'm sorry babe..."

I kissed his head and gently swayed him back and forth.

"Don't be sorry. Don't ever be sorry for this. It's that sicko's fault...I'll take you out...and the kids...."

He looked up at me with his swollen eyes and tearstained face.

"R-really? I promise I'll b-be super c-careful... we'll be in and out."

He looks a little happier at least.

"Go put on some clothes and I'll tell the kids to put on their coats."

He smiled a little before nodding his head and shuffling his way to the closet.

We've been here for a week now and it's been pretty okay so far. Type has been trying to talk more but he always ends up tired afterwards and takes a nap. Tharn has officially learned how to start binge watching shows on TV. Thorn has been working on reading more and solving puzzles.

So far they've been pretty okay just staying inside the cabin all day. The only time we actually go outside is to let Fraser out.

I'm sad we can't enjoy the beautiful scenery out here but I don't want to take any chances.

I walked downstairs and saw all the kids in the living room doing something different. Type is laying down with Fraser, Thorn is trying to look for a puzzle piece and Tharn is watching TV.