Hannibal x Gen z! reader: coping

You and doctor Lector had been working together for years. "How are you today mx (L/n)?" You shrugged. "I think we've  it clear that I have a lot of battles goin' on up here and lesbian Miss Frizzle is the only think keeping me here right now."
His eyes held concern, but he managed to cover it. You couldn't see how he felt. "Miss Frizzle? From the children's show?" You put on an offended look. "The Magic School Bus is not just a kids show! It is a masterpiece!" Hannibal nodded and took a note. "My apologies. Now question. Has you water intake improved I've made note that you dont drink water often and get dehydrated?" You tensed. You hadn't been drinking more water. "I mean, I drink like one of those mini water bottles on Wednesday..." He gave a smile. "Very good!" You beaned. Hannibal knew you had a lot of trauma, and you had a constant craving for some form of validation. "Now this question is about a coping mechanism you'd mentioned towards the end of our session last week. Have you heard of Maladaptive Daydreaming?" You pondered it. "No, um..what is it?" Hannibal grinned. You looked so cute when you were confused.
"Its a psychiatric condition where you place yourself in a world with other people or characters, you would normally respond it because of an outside stimuli, like music or edits on instagram. There is also some outside movement, maybe your hands twitch or you pace around. It all depends in the person."
Hannibal could tell you were uncomfortable about this. But he knew he could get you diagnosed, and help you curve this. "This is usually due to some form of trauma." He quickly placed his hand on your knee rubbing it to soothe you. "Yeah, I-ive done that for a while now. Nearly 10 years." You with a giggle. "God I'm already mentally I'll. God really said 'Dont be shy put some more!' when he made me!" You cackled loudly and flopped back in your leather chair. "(Y/n) I know this is how you cope with trauma. Humor. And I know that you know it isn't good for you. Or else you wouldn't be here. And I know that you're not telling me everything. And I cant help you if you don't let me in." He pleaded from his new spot, which was crouched in front of you. "..okay. But not now. Because I-" You quickly slid down now sobbing. Hannibal pulled you into his grasp and rubbed your back. "There we are. I'm so proud of you. You're so brave. Let it all out." He cooed in you ear.

You had never been one for crying in front of others. But you weren't sure how you felt about Hannibal. You'd been seeing him for about 2 years now. And now in that moment when he you and whispered sweet nothings in your ears, you finally felt the butterflies he gave you, how clammy your palms were, and how you craved for him to hold you like this forever.
No, you couldn't. He was in his 40's and you were 25. And besides there was no way he would feel the same.

Hannibal

We had been sat on the floor for almost 30 minutes now, and whenever I tried to pull away they'd whimper and pull me closer. I obligated to stand us up and move into my chair. I held them tight against me, thinking about maybe one day I would get to do this everyday. With (Y/n). "Hey Hannibal..? What's the difference between platonic and romantic relationships? Nobody ever taught me." Dr. Lector wasnt sure either. "Nobody ever told me either. I just figured it out in my own." Ask her. Ask her. He screamed at  himself. He couldn't not now. You needed him in this moment, and that was more important. "Maybe..we could discover the differences..together?" You awkwardly mumbled, feeling all the embarrassment. "I'd like that very much. How about we go out tomorrow. I'll pick you up in the morning..?"
You grinned. "Okay."

A knock interrupted your sweet moment. "Dr. Lector your next client is here." He sighed. "One moment." You stood up, Hannibal following suit. He guided you to the door, his hand dangerously low. "Bye Dr. Lector. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow (y/n)."