[ 𝟓 ]

<< RANBOO'S POV >>

"this is a terrible idea." i mutter. adonia rolls her eyes and continues to eat her chicken nugget, which may i add, was a soft one. a SOFT one. soft chicken nuggets should be illegal to make.

"well if this was a terrible idea than me sneaking out of school to steal from the local seven eleven was illegal."

"wait- BUT THAT IS ILLEGAL?"

"wait it is?"

"oh my god- you robbed a seven eleven-"

"hold on- i never said ROBBED- i said stole."

"AND THE DIFFERENCE IS?" i whisper shouted. adonia quickly covered my mouth with her hand, which caused a weird feeling in my stomach to erupt.

"shhh your gonna draw attention to us!"

"as if you leaving ketchup everywhere already hasn't." i scoff. adonia glares at me playfully and throws a fry at me, which i catch and throw into my mouth. atleast the weird feeling had gone away by now. she gets up and walks over to the garbage and throws her paper boat away, wiping off her hands and walking back over to the lunch table we were sitting at.

"whats your next class again, ranboo?"

"you can call me james if you want, and my next class is science."

"oh alright. james? you never struck me as a james. i always thought you would be a mark, maybe a jerry.." i playfully shoulder her rib cage and they laugh a bit.

"we should head back now, my class is in a few minutes."

"thats a good idea." adonia agrees and we get up, she heads to math whilst i head to science. the classroom was fairly close to the cafeteria totally not because the author is tired and wrote this on a whim so i didnt have to walk too far.

in the classroom, people were talking amongst themselves and a few girls looked in my direction and started whispering, giggling as they did. i ignored them and went to my seat. one followed me back.

"heyyy!" she said, pulling out the y.

"hey, do you need something?"

"oh nothing, i was wondering if i could get your snap?" 

"oh, i dont have snapchat." i said.

"oh thats okay! heres my number, text me later!" she says quickly and walks back to her friends, laughing as she does. though, her laughing is a bit nervous this time and she constantly looks over at me with a scared face that just screams please help. i didnt know what to do besides listen to ms gale as she talked more and more about the upcoming quiz. we all took out our notebooks and started taking notes, unlike me of course. i simply stared at the blank page.

"james? are you listening or are you daydreaming again?" she suddenly says. i feel all the eyes of my classmates on me, some stifling a laugh.

"i'm listening, ms gale."

"okay then, please solve the question on the board." this is where she makes a mistake. physics is something i've always tried to do well on, and have succeeded so far. so if she thinks she can prove i'm not listening by making me answer a dumb question she would be-

correct. she would be correct.

the board read :

If M is 10 KG, and Fa - 100 N and there is no friction, what will the acceleration of M be?

what. the. hell.

i quickly rack my brain of ways to determine the answer, and take a wild guess.

i write down :

10 m/s² 

ms gale looks at my statement with slight disappointment.

"very well. head back to your seat, james." she says. it takes everything in my power to not freak out visually as i nod and go back to my seat. ms gale continues to drone on about out the upcoming test and assigns us homework whilst i keep thinking about adonia. i was so tempted to text her right there in class but i knew ms gale would gladly frisk my phone away and give me a months worth of detention. id rather not, in short.

the bell rings, and everyone starts putting their notebooks back into their backpacks. we all poured out of the classroom, but the same girl comes up to me as she did before.

"look, if you're trying to shoot your shot, i'm sorry but you're just not my ty-"

"i'm so sorry! my friends made me do that." she quickly apologizes. i look at her and look back in front of me.

"it's okay, but if your friends are making you do that, maybe they aren't the people you should be around."

"i know, but i have nobody else." if she's trying to be my friend, she should know i'm not one to have more than a few friends-

"i'm also lesbian, and anyone else would judge me." she says. 

okay, well now i feel guilty.

"then why did you just out yourself to me?" i say. she obviously didn't think about that, because she looks away and blushes whilst i wonder to myself maybe i should give her a chance?

"b-because i was wondering if you could help me get with a friend of yours?" oh?

"who might this friend be?"

"adonia." she spits out. i mean, i can't blame her. well- YOU KNOW WHAT-

"i'm sorry?"

"adonia." she says again, firmly this time as if she was afraid of her opinion the last.

"i don't know if i can do that, i don't know her sexuality?" i say. i phrase it as a question, only for the girl looks at me wide eyed.

"it- it's okay! you don't have to, i get if you like her as well i jus-"

"no! i mean ye- no! i mean no." she simply looks at me.

"you do, don't you?" no i don-

suddenly, adonia strolls up to me and looks at me then the girl.

and what happens next is- how do i explain it?

"hey babe, who're you talking to?" adonia says.

(a/n): WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO took me a while but i wrote it

and ooooooooo ranboo in slight denial? already catching feelings in chapter five? possible angst and/or fluff? THE FACT I WANNA DIE BECAUSE I ASKED MY FRIEND TODAY ON INSTA "hey what class r you in" AND I COMPLETELY FORGET SHES IN THE SAME CLASS AS ME???

have a lovely day everyone, please don't be a stupid sack of balls like me <3