[ 𝟐𝟐 ]

TW // MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH, GRAPHIC DETAILS OF VIOLENCE AND DEATH, "IMPLIED SUICIDE." STARTS AT "{ LORE TIME! }," WILL SUMMARIZE LORE AT END OF CHAPTER FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRIGGERED BY THE MENTIONED TOPICS.

adonia's pov.

"well, power duo is getting a lot of attention," i comment, taking another bite of an apple. james looked at me skeptically, something dark glinted in his eyes.

"huh. that's cool," he says, look away from my and seeming to zone out.

"you good?"

"yeah, why?"

"nothing, you just seem off," i state, pulling out my phone and scrolling through twitter. there was already a sub twitter, and the hashtag power duo was trending at around #4 in the u.s. james must've seen my phone, because he glares at the hashtag for a moment while i tap on it.

"dude. you sure you're okay?" i ask again, and james sighs.

jesus, he looks sad.

"yeah, i'm okay. just thinking about things," i can tell he's trying to be nonchalant, but don't comment on it and instead hum out an "okay" and scrolling through the mass amounts of fan art there was of me and tommy. i smiled at a certain one, which was of me and tommy beating the ender dragon with our "army of girlfriends" behind us.

i like the fan-art and keep scrolling, occasionally seeing people shipping us but people in the replies calling them weird. i always appreciate those who tell the weirdos to back off, especially with how uncomfortable it makes me.

funny how you're uncomfortable with people shipping you with anybody that isn't james, my brain thinks, just saying.

yes, i was aware i had a crush on james and that he had one on me. will i do something about it now? hell no. i want this to be a nice, slow cliche-type thing where me and james get together after the romeo and juliet play. you know, because all i've ever wanted was to ask him to be my boyfriend after a school play.

i start scrolling through the darling duo tag, which was also trending but instead of a hashtag, just as words. it was #3 in the u.s.

daydream / @DAYDR3AM5

ngl they kinda cute tho (/p, unless,,, /j)

[insert clip of adonia and james "divorcing"]

1.2k 💬892 ♻️456

user01 / @user1

honestly i kind of like them now

934 💬89 ♻️56

user78 / @user78

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

user5 / user5

i hope you get unbanned bestie <33

user69 / @userhahafunnynumber69

i want what they have bruh

92 💬23 ♻️12

i laugh at the tweets and the replies, james looking over my shoulder and huffing in amusement.

""i want what they have"", he quotes, looking at user 69's tweet. i like the tweet and he looks at me with surprise.

"you know people are gonna notice that, right?"

"um, yeah. that's the point," he goes beet red and i laugh at him, closing out of twitter and turning to him.

"hi adonia," a familiar face walks up to me, and i recognize her as annabeth, "..and james."

"hey, annie!" i say, looking up at her.

"hi, annabeth," james says blankly, seeming to suddenly find the table interesting. i look at him skeptically but look back at annabeth and smile.

"i was wondering if um.. you're up for going to the mall with me later?" she asked nervously, and i looked back at james nervously. we had a lore stream today.

"at what time?"

"around 4 pm? it's at the galleria."

"oh- i'm so sorry, but i'm really busy today," i say, "i'm only available at around 8 pm."

"oh, that's okay!" annabeth sounds sad and i immediately am filled with regret. she tries to smile but the corners of her mouth only quirk up a little bit.

"maybe the weekend?"

"sure!" she says, less sad. i get up and hug her before saying a small "sorry." she nods in understanding and walks away, leaving me and james alone.

"she wants to go to the mall with you?" james questioned, and i nodded before sitting back down and resting my head on his shoulder. i could hear his heart beat a bit faster.

"i would if i didn't decide to be an ass and make chat cry with the lore we have planned," james laughed a bit before the bell rang, and we got up before james gave me a mocking salute.

"i'll see you in theatre."

time skip to theatre class!

"so we meet again," james jumps at the sound of my voice and i laugh, him placing a hand on his chest.

"you can't just scare me like that, man."