[ 𝟐𝟎 ]

(hi guys 🧍im back, enjoy this chapter bc there's only gonna be like 5 more after this one :])

-- ADONIA'S POV, THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE SHORTLY AFTER THE FIGHT. --

"miss?" the principal sighs, as i had cut her off from talking to my mom.

"yes, adonia?" she sounds annoyed.

"did you- did you put on deodorant today?" i say, in a false-sweet voice. the principal smiles and closes her eyes, exhaling.

"yes. i did. why, miss evergreen?"

"you smell l-like..." i fake sniff her, making her lean back. "you smell like.. a little bitch!" i lean back in my seat, wearing an innocent smile.

"language in my office, miss evergreen," she says, face turning pink and sounding fed up with me. i snicker quietly and my mom hits my arm as a warning. i clear my throat and try to relax. 

"now, to the point of this. who started the fight?"

(bold is adonia, italics is the principal, underlined is diwata {adonia's mom})

"oh, jared," i say immediately, my nails suddenly looking interesting. my mom just looks around the room, looking bored.

"and what did he do to you?" the principal says, writing something down on a notepad.

"exist," i say softly, the principal glares at me and i roll my eyes. "he kicked me first."

"right, well jared says-" 

"jared is obviously full of shit."

"i didn't even finish-"

"i didn't finish murdering him but you interrupted me anyway-"

"stop. talking." the principal says, a scowl on her face. "jared says he was gonna show you to class because you said you needed help. and he says you later punched him out of nowhere, and he was simply acting in self-defense."

"well, first of all, jared IS full of shit. i have gone to this school for, like, 3 years now, why the fuck would i need help finding a class? also, it was like 7-ish at the time, we start classes at 7:30 so i wouldn't need any assistance anyway. also, he grabbed my arm and kicked me, so i was the one acting in self-defense." i argue, the principal furrowing her eyebrows at her notepad. hopefully, she believes the kicking part- i don't feel like full on getting expelled. 

"but jared sai-"

"how do you know jared isn't lying?"

"why would jared lie?"

"the better question is why WOULDN'T jared lie." the principal sighs and massages her temples, putting her pen down.

"have you even asked anyone else about the situation? there were at least like 10 fucking witnesses-" 

"how many times have i told you about not using any profanities in my office, adonia?"

"may i cut in here, miss?"  my mother says politely, fiddling with a ring on her finger. 

"go ahead."

"why was i brought here?" the principal's face starts to go even redder than it was before. 

pale bitc-

"well, ms. evergreen, assuming your daughter will be suspended today for one, getting into a fight and two, for swearing excessively in my office and for violating dress code several times, three, jumping out of the window, and four, saying i smell like a little bitch."