[ 𝟐𝟑 ]

adonia's pov. 

"so, i overheard you calling james romeo the other day?" 

"uh.. yeah," i felt my face go hot and tommy simply laughed at me, tubbo seeming to hide his laughter over the voice chat. 

"chat, do you hear that? next thing you know, ranboo's gonna be calling adonia juliet!" 

"well, actually-" 

"oh my god!" tommy only cackled more, and tubbo laughed along with him. i went silent and huffed out a laugh at the boys. it was about a day after the lore stream, and it was 2 days until the play. can't wait to kiss my crush in front of the entire school in a stupid romance play! don't get me wrong, i love romance, but it's the part where i'm kissing james in front of the entire human population. 

"it's just some friendly pet names! you guys are just making it seem slash rom instead of slash p," i accuse, and tubbo starts laughing at my verbal use of tone indicators. i continue to look at his stream's chat, and the word "CLIP" kept showing. i saw multiple people clip the moment, and i muted anyone making weird comments. 

"did you just use tone indicators out loud?" 

"yeah? is there something wrong with that?" 

"no-" 

"woww tubbo, i see how it is." 

"wait, no!" i laugh at his struggling and my phone buzzes on the table. i pick it up and see a text from james. i smile at the text, forgetting that tubbo and tommy can see me. 

"ooh~ who're you texting, adonia?" 

"is it 'romeo'?" 

"jesus, you guys need to shut the fuck up," they just laugh at me and i open the text. 

romeoboo 
hi julietttt 

julietgo 
hi romeo 

romeoboo 
i need help

julietgo
cant believe you just noticed

romeoboo
shush
i'm trying to do history
homework but idk how to 
do one of the problems

julietgo
shit
we had homework??

romeoboo
um
yeah?

julietgo
u gotta be sharting me
okay um 
is it online?

romeoboo
luckily yeah
its on the tcs thing

julietgo
oh thank god
thank u so much
my dearest romeo
my beloved ranboo

romeoboo
your welcome
my dearest juliet
my beloved froggo 

"ooh someone's red!" 

"shut the fuck up, tommy." tubbo simply snorted and i laughed at the sound, tommy soon laughing too. 

it was midnight for me, okay? leave me alone. 

i heard a ping from the discord call, and i looked and saw that james had joined. 

"i heard you guys were talking about me?" 

"oh hi, romeo." tubbo said blankly, and i felt my face go red. i shook my head and put my phone down. 

"hi, tubbo. adonia, why're you up at 1 am?" 

"why are you?" 

"homework," he paused for a moment, "and to talk to you." 

tubbo and tommy aww'd while i smiled. 

"that's sweet, but you should get sleep." 

"i mean, so should you." 

"true," i still didn't go to sleep, and instead continued to mod for tubbo's stream. 2 more hours pass by, and it's 3 am. i still can't sleep. 

"romeo." 

"juliet," james replies, sounding wide awake. 

"you have a small balcony by your window, right?" 

"uh," he pauses and speaks a second later, "yeah?" 

"sick. i'll see you in like- 10." 

"wait wh-" i got off the call, and i saw tubbo starting to question james on stream. i give a breathy laugh at them and get up from my chair, putting on socks and carefully walking out of my room. i turn off the lights and slowly walk down the halls to the stairs, where i walk down them on my tippy toes and end up not creaking any of the stairs. 

i grab my keys from the kitchen table and quickly slip on some checkered vans before heading out the door. i close the door and hope my mom didn't wake up, and i quickly run out of the driveway and towards the direction of james' house. 

soon, i see his familiar beige coloured house and huff, trying to figure out a way to get to his window. 

we could always just ask him to open the door like a normal person, my mind suggests. 

nahh let's break into his room! 

do you have any idea on how to? 

nope! 

this is hopeless. 

you're hopeless! 

i'm literally talking to myself like a loser right now. 

for fucks sake, just climb the fence and try jumping! 

hopeless, i sigh and listen to myself and start climbing the tall fence. james' balcony wasn't too far up, so all i had to do was jump and grab onto the edge of the balcony with my hands. simple enough, right? 

i took a shaky breath, and jumped. 

i ended up grabbing onto the edge of the balcony, and thank god for middle school fitness, because i hauled myself up and onto the balcony. i stepped over the balcony's small barriers and knocked on the window. i saw james' head swivel towards the window, and his eyes blew wide as he saw my silhouette. i laugh, waving at him and mouthing the words "hi, romeo." 

he opens the window and i walk through. he hugs me. 

"how the fu- heck did you get in here?" 

"magic," i smiled at him, ruffling his hair and walking into his room. he followed behind me. i put on his headphones, and heard two voices yelling as i sat down. 

"hi besties," i started, and they both went silent before i heard a familiar cackle. 

"you actually came to his house?" 

"fuck yeah i did! you should've seen him, he was literally so shocked. i should've filmed it," i say, looking back at james. he shakes his head and pulls out another chair and sits next to me. 

"where the fuck-" 

"shh don't ask questions," tubbo and tommy laugh in the background while i smile at james and look back at the computer. 

"you guys are so romantic it makes me want to puke," tubbo comments, starting to play chess against a robot. tommy starts laughing more and i just shake my head fondly. 

"you're just jealous ranboo doesn't constantly want to divorce me." 

"that's a lie!" 

"how would you know, tubbo?" 

"ranboo?" 

"uH-" james runs out of the room and shuts the door. 

"pft, he just ran out of the room-" i laugh, tubbo and tommy laughing with me. james soon walks back into the room, and soon its around 5 am. i'm not worried, but james is a bit anxious. 

"we're gonna head off now, school starts in 3 hours. bye guys!" i don't wait for them to say bye before i leave. 

"romeo, go to bed. i'm gonna go to bed too, i'll see you tomorrow for more line practice." james smiles softly and says a quick "goodbye" before i leave his room and go to his balcony. i hold my breath and walk over the small barriers of the balcony, putting a hand on the tall fence. i jump down and put my other hand on the fence, barely hanging on. 

slowly climbing back down, i hit the ground and ran back to my house, opening the front door and closing it swiftly. i took off my shoes before i ran quickly up the stairs and into my room, turning off my pc and slipping off my socks. i slipped under the covers and closed my eyes, hoping i'd fall asleep soon. 

and yeah, maybe it was my fault for staying up till 5 am with the others, but james made it worth it. 

(a/n): SORRY FOR THE RUSHED ENDING! 

wow 3 updates in a row
also only 2 more real chapters of beloved left, then an epilogue, then beloved will be finished :] its sad, but its also amazing because i dont have to work my ass off just trying to get writing motivation! i also know people like completed books a lot because they dont have to wait for updates so :] its been an amazing journey with yall, and i love you guys so much /p /gen. 

thoughts on james and adonia calling eachother romeo and juliet??

ily, 
daydream <3