[ 𝟏𝟓 ]

-- RANBOO'S POV --

3:30 am. you'd think i'd be asleep by now, but no. i'm currently on call with adonia, who is doing math homework, and i'm trying to fall asleep. well, i have been for the past 30 minutes.

"you should try melatonin gummies, those always work for me." they suggest.
"i don't think we have any right now." i reply.

"we can go somewhere and try to find some?"

"i doubt anywhere that sells them is open right now." i deny. me and adonia had grown closer over the weeks, i'd say we've known each other for around a month and a half now. time really does fly, huh? speaking of time flying, i look at the clock and it's around 3:55 am now.

"ranboo, wanna go to mcdonalds?"

"adonia, i'd love to, but it's 4 am."

"please?" she makes a pouty face at me.

"fine." i try to sound annoyed, but the smile that grows onto adonia's face makes me smile as well.

"LETS GO! i'll pick you up around 4:15!" she exclaims. i nod and they hang up on me. i sigh and quickly change into jeans and hoodie, keeping my t shirt on, then i put on some socks and quietly go downstairs from my room. i manage to get out of the door without waking my parents, and i wait patiently for adonia to arrive.

she recently took her drivers test, which she passed, and got a black jeep compass. she even called me about it, she looked so happy about it it was adorable. i mean that in a platonic way, of course.

i soon see a familiar vehicle pull into the driveway, and i run over to it getting into the passenger seat.

"hey." i say smiling. adonia looks over to me, smiling as well.

"hi." she pulls out of the driveway, and drives away from the house.

"you wanna see if theres any stores open with melatonin gummies?" adonia asks. i nod and she turns in the direction of a walmart.

"how do you know the walmarts gonna be open?"

"its a 24 hour open walmart, boo." she says.

"oh-" i laugh a bit and adonia parallel parks into a parking spot.

we silently go into the walmart and quickly find the melatonin gummies, buying them and heading back out of the walmart and going back to the car.

"well that was quick."

-- TIMESKIP, AT THE PARK EATING MCDONALDS --

"you know, i actually looked up what my name means and aparently it means 'extremely good looking' and it's of greek origin."

"well, you certainly live up to your name." i say. adonia's face goes red and she starts stuttering.

"i- wh- i- thank- thank you?-" she stutters. i laugh and we fall back into silence. not awkward silence, more like comfortable silence. i look back at adonia who is looking right back at me. we were both laying down in the grass at the park, so my head was rolled to the side to face her.

"i really mean it."

"i'm sure you do."

"do you think you're gonna be ready for the play?"

"probably not, we still have around 2 weeks to practice though."

"at least we both have somewhat good memory."

"true."

"are you still sure about the kiss?"

"are you?"