Chapter Seventeen

Alisha Valentines 7:00 amMorning, Home _______________

Alisha Valentines
7:00 am
Morning, Home
_______________

Waking up this morning was hard since Chris pushed me down I hurt my side and barely slept last night I even had to painkillers for the pain. We've fought before, but never once has she ever laid her hands on me and the whole glass was stupid of me I regret and I do wish I could take it back.

All I could think about was what If I hurt her with that glass or if a piece of the glass had went in her eye, if I had hit her with it. She didn't even come back home yesterday and I waited until 12:00 am worried that she might be in trouble and she neber answered to any of my calls.

Strapping up my red bottoms she got for me last year I stood up from the bed and I zipped up my jeans fixing my jacket, brushing my hair to the back. Grabbing my bag I walked out the room, to find Ash getting out his room.

"You done eating baby?"

"Uh huh, I done mommy." he mumbled rubbing his eyes walking in front of me to the kitchen where Lanie should be finishing her breakfast.

I made them French toast.

"When is mama coming back?" she asked me placing her empty dish in the sink .

"When we all come back." I mumbled too quick, leaning against the fridge after I grabbed a bottle of water.

"Okay." she smiled opening the door,

-

After dropping Lanie next door by our neighbor Mrs Brown, a really kind old lady who always volunteered to babysit for us whenever we wanted to go somewhere. I took Ash-lyn to school than drove to work and thank God I made it time for my first peroid the 11th graders which starts in 20 minutes.

Walking down the hallways greeting the students I went in to my office placing my bag down on my desk and took a seat. Taking my jacket off I placed it behind my chair opening my windows.

" Chris Valentines here I'm busy right now and I can't take you call. Please leave me a message and I'll call you back." her voicemail spoke.

This was my 20th time since last night, I guess she doesn't want to be found. I even tried calling some of her friends and neither of them have heard her from in a while even the closest friend she has Derek has heard from which was pretty strange.

"Morning Ali, you good?" Jaylin asked making me laugh a little.

"I'm good I was just calling to wish you good luck with your appointment." the lie slipped out my mouth, honestly I was just calling, because unlike Chris I knew she'd pick my call.

I knew this was wrong of me, but I could use a friend right now.

"Damn you must love the kid, but thanks I really need it. Now wassup with you and you sound down right now wassup?" she asked toning down her voice.