Chapter Twenty Eight

Alisha PérezHome 7:15 pm________________

Alisha Pérez
Home
7:15 pm
________________

"Naylieh! Nah, nah I must be tripping." Aramani cut the prayer.

"Sorry do I know you?" Naylieh asked rolling her eyes crossing her arms to her chest.

"You asked for me to do a house call. I was at your house for a private session with your twin sister and the other guy."

"Oh, I remember that." she smiled briefly before turning her focus to Chris who was busy looking at Armani.

"Now that is done, Ash can you pray for the food?" I asked kissing his forehead as he nodded his head, I'm still going to ask Armani why she seemed shocked about Naylieh

"Okay. God please bless our food before we eat and the hands that have prepared them. Amen."

"Amen." We all said.

Than we everyone began filling their plates with food, while I filled the kids plates. I knew at some point I'd have to break the awkward silence that had filled the room, though I was scared I knew it my job to do before anyone else does it.

"Mommy I passed my math test. I got a A+" Lanie cleared the silence with a smile, looking at me.

"That's great." I gave her a high five, since I sat between her and Ash.

"Mommy can I ask you a question?" Ash spoke up putting his fork down as we all turned our focus on him.

"Of course baby." I replied.

"Who are this people here? are they also part of our family? I know you said it's rude, but I wanna know?" he asked making me chock on the potato salad.

"Uhm...well the lady in the dreads is my...okay. Ash she's mommy's new girlfriend." I answered taking a deep breath waiting for their reactions.

Lanie didn't seem shocked to hear me so, infact she pushed me back and spoke up. "See I told you Ash."

"Told Ash what?" Chris asked.

"The day Ash hurt his arm we saw them kissing in the kitchen.  I told Ash that mommy has a new girlfriend, but he didn't believe me. See only people in love kiss and mommy was kissing her girlfriend." she explained shrugging her shoulders as if she had it all figured out.

"Are you okay with me being with another person who's not-"

"Uh huh I'm fine, ask Ash if he's fine." she went back to eating her food.