Chapter Twelve

Chris ValentinesHome, Wednesday6 pm

Chris Valentines
Home, Wednesday
6 pm

"Baby where y'all at?" I called out when I entered the house taking my jacket off unbuttoning the first few buttons of my shirt.

"Mama!" Ash yelled jumping in my arms kissing my cheek grabbing my laptop bag.

"How you doing champ?" I asked grabbing a bottle of water in the fridge.

"I good mama." he smiled pointing at my bottle and I gave it to him.

"How was school, something fun happen?" I asked ruffling his hair, Alisha took he's braids off last night.

"Mmh school was good. I make a new friend." he giggled.

"Oh that's awesome, how about you tell me about your new friend before bedtime."

"Okay mama."

"Ash where's your mom?" I didn't hear her voice and I just left my car outside, I don't know if her car is in the garage or not.

"Her working with her fand." he said running out the kitchen disappearing to the passage.

What friend? I don't remember her having friends at work.

"Oh baby." Alisha got up from the couch, but my eyes were focused on the stud that was seated next to her.

I mean who is this person sitting comfortably on my couch, sit right next to my wife? Look at her with her dreads locks in a messy bun wearing a blue denim shirt with matching jeans and black Air forces.

She didn't tell me this morning that we'll be having company over for dinner, I would've probably knocked off from work early. I don't like how close they are so I'll try my best to ignore it, because their working.

"Hey." I kissed her cheek I think she noticed my sudden act of coldness.

"Baby this is my colleague Jaylin and Jaylin this is my handsome wife Chris." she introduced us, the stud got up reaching out to shake my hand.

"Nice to finally meet you Chris." she said as we shook hands and I forced a smile on my face.

"We were just finishing up setting the test and next week's math assignment. I'm also helping with her the science assignment for her 11th grade class." Alisha spoke up when she noticed that my eyes were still glued to the stud.

She doesn't even teach science!

"Okay, I'ma leave y'all to work." I fake smiled heading to our room to take a warm shower.