Round 4 - Chapter 5 - Bloody Streets

Emerald Fanart By: Sunnypoppy On DeviantArt

Published On: April 16, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I decide to treat Namia after the crazy shit that happened, she more than deserves it.

Y/N: "Why don't we look for somewhere to eat, I'll pay." I said.

Namia: "Y-You really don't have to." She stuttered blushing.

Y/N: "No, but I want to."

After a few minutes, we arrived at a small diner, nothing big or complicated. We ordered some pancakes and coffee, Namia tried to sneakily pay but I did it before she could.

We talked a bit while we ate but mostly we just basked in the relaxed atmosphere of this slightly old-school diner. The walk home would also probably be helpful in calming her down.

As we were leaving we suddenly heard screaming from the diner, confused we turned around only for some masked figures to rush out the front door with guns.

I grab Namia's arm and pull her behind a wall, the area around the wall gets riddled with bullets, Namia looking as pale as a ghost.

I didn't know what to do, I was in no position to fight and I didn't even have a firearm. At this rate, we were going to get killed, so much for treating Namia to a relaxing day...

Suddenly a woman in heels drops down in front of us and whips out her shotgun and wipes out a bunch of the shooters as they were reloading, she looks over at us for a second and flashes us a smirk.

???: "Sunny day isn't it? don't worry, I'm here to help."

She turned around again and popped off a couple more shots.

Y/N: "Soo...who are you?"

???: "Sustrai, Emerald Sustrai, I try to protect this town to the best of my abilities."

Y/N: "I see, any idea what the fuck is going on?"

Emerald: "Some girl entered acting weird and suddenly started losing her shit, she calls in a bunch of other people, and then everything turned to shit."

Suddenly some shots hit close to our hiding spot, Emerald came out from behind the wall and guns down the two guys who shot.

Emerald: "Fucking gang assholes..." She muttered annoyed.

Y/N: "I don't think they are from a gang..." I said as I gripped her shoulder.

Emerald: "Where else would they be from?" She asked perplexed.

Y/N: "White Fang..."

Namia: "You don't mean its-"

Y/N: "Blake? yeah unfortunately I think so..."

Suddenly loud screaming could be heard, Emerald stands up and grabs both of our arms as she runs over to an old brown Volkswagen Dasher, we quickly get inside, and with screaming tires set off.

Emerald: "Ah fuck..." She says as she looks into the rearview mirror.

Some White Fang grunts had hijacked two cars and were now following us, I pushed Namia down as far as she went.

Y/N: "Stay down, this could get dangerous."

Emerald: "Here, you'll need it." She says as gives me another shotgun.

I lowered the window and leaned out of the car, just as I was about to shoot, the first bullet ricocheted off our rear bumper. I open fire on these wankers as Emerald whips the car around the streets, the closer we got to the end of town the more aggressive they became. Finally, after doing some suppressive fire they dropped off a bit, as we went around another corner they were out of sight.

As we reached the exit of the town Emerald turned onto a dirt trail, despite the bumpiness Emerald continued flooring it. It didn't seem like they were following us, maybe they didn't see us turn onto the trail.

Suddenly there was a loud clunking noise before the Volkswagen veered a little and stopped, confused we looked at each other before getting out. As I came around to the driver's side I saw the reason why, a branch had gotten stuck in the wheel well. With a sigh I grab it and pull at it until it finally came out, we crouch down and expect the wheel well and the area around it for any damage.

Y/N: "Well luckily it didn't damage anything."

Emerald: "Yeah that would've fucked us..."

Y/N: "Well in that case let's get back on the-" I was about to say before getting cut off by shots into my stomach after I got up from behind the side of the hood, one of the White Fang cars had actually been able to follow us.

Emerald: "Holy fuck!" She cried out as she stared at my wound with wide eyes.

Namia crawls up to me, she was trembling as tears ran down her cheeks. I tried to calm her down at least a little by grabbing her hand but she didn't react, it was as if everything around her had disappeared.

Suddenly Namia gets up, weakly I try to stop her but it was too late, she had walked out from behind the car.

Namia: "YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" She screams out as she grabs the rifle and opens fire on them.

Unprepared by the sudden comeback the grunts all collapse, riddled by dozen of bullets.

Namia drops the gun and crouches back down beside me, Emerald was still holding down on my wound, trying to stop the bleeding. Namia rips her shirt open and ties it around my torso, Emerald looks at her at a loss.

Emerald: "The fuck are we now gonna do!?"

Namia: "We could try to sneak back into town?"

Emerald: "They probably have the entire place locked down by now, maybe Vale?"

Namia: "Maybe, though they might predict that."

Emerald: "The only other option we have is waiting out here, but it isn't a very safe option either..."

Namia: "I think we should let Y/N decide considering his life is on the line!"

Both of them look at me expectantly...

Today's Choice:

1. Try To Sneak Back Into Town

2. Try To Reach Vale

3. Wait It Out

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!