Round 6 - Chapter 4 - A Night Unlike Others

Amber Fanart By: AikiYun On DeviantArt

Published On: May 13, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I just stood there surprised, this was the last thing I expected her to say...

I get my scroll out of my pocket and dial Pyrrha's number, waiting for her to pick up.

Pyrrha: "Hey Y/N, did I forget something at your place again?" She answers after a few seconds.

Y/N: "Pyrrha, did you have an encounter with Amber?" I ask getting straight to the point.

The call went quiet as no response came, no background noises could be heard either, after a few seconds she hung up.

I look down at my scroll, realization hitting me full force...

Quickly I storm out of the room as I rush down the stairs, I hastily get out my shotgun, load it, and attach a light to it. The rain starts pelting on me as I step outside, looking around, ready for whatever might happen.

My mind raced as I looked around everywhere, taking a couple of steps in each direction. Nothing but darkness and rain, 

My attention was interrupted when there was a sudden noise from the house, rushing around the corner I find Pyrrha trying to climb the wall. I grab her ankle and rip her off, she flips before landing on the ground.

She activates her semblance as she tries to pull the shotgun out of my grasp, I counter by activating my own semblance. My semblance allows me to block out any outside forces that try to move me or change my posture, giving my body extra stability, meaning her semblance wasn't getting that shotgun no matter what.

She gets out Akoúo̱ and tries to slam me in the head, I merely block the strike and hit back making Akoúo̱ fly off in a random direction. Pissed she takes out Miló and puts it into Javelin mode, I block her strikes with the shotgun.

After I block another strike I'm able to knock her back, instead of going for another hit she sprints off in a random direction. My grip on the shotgun tightened as I looked around wearily, she could be attacking from any direction. The only thing I could hear was the rain coming down around me, the sounds of the rain hitting leaves of trees and falling down, no trace of her visible in any direction.

Hearing a noise behind me I quickly whip around and fire my shotgun, hitting Pyrrha right in the stomach as her Aura shatters. She collapsed to her knees as she looks down, holding her wound as she shakes.

I just stand for a second taking all of this in before my anger takes a hold of me.

Y/N: "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHAT COULD DRIVE YOU TO ATTACK AN INNOCENT WOMAN!!" I scream out.

Pyrrha shakes as she looks up at me with anger as blood ran down her mouth.

Pyrrha: "You wouldn't understand..."

Before I can respond she reveals a pill from the back of her mouth and bites it, she drops dead instantly.

I just stand there in the rain, staring at her body. Not too long ago we were both sitting on the couch happily playing video games together, now she was lying here dead, exposed as a traitor. I put the gun on my back as I get into my garage and get out a shovel, haphazardly I dig a hole and throw the body in. I didn't care to make some kind of gravestone or pay my respects to her, she played me, said she was my friend all while being ready to murder someone, someone who didn't do anything to her.

Soaked, cold, and disappointed I step back into the house and slowly get back up the stairs. Amber looks relieved when she sees me, I sit down in the chair next to me. I explained the situation to her and she thanked me for protecting her, she weakly held my hand.

Still weak and not fully recovered Amber falls asleep as I keep sitting on the chair next to her bed, my mind thinking about what to do next. Maybe I should go with Amber into the deeper parts of the city, it might be a better way to protect her than here on the outskirts of the city where there aren't any people but mostly industrial sites and warehouses.

Though going deeper into Vale could also be a problem, a more dense place would present more chances for the people after Amber to sneak up on us and attack us, also traveling anywhere no matter how close might not be that great with Amber still recovering.

The only other option I have is calling an old friend, one that I haven't seen in a while. I don't know if they would be willing to help but I suppose it would be worth a shot, they certainly wouldn't have anything against Amber.

After what happens it takes a long time for and my body to finally calm down, leaving me still awake for several more hours. Finally, my body relaxes as I slowly calm down and my eyes keep closing, before I can do anything I slump over in the chair with my upper body on the bed. My mind brings me to a more relaxing place as I drift off to sleep, a smile coming to my face.

I'll make a decision tomorrow...

Today's Choice:

1. Stay Here With Amber

2. Go Deeper Into Vale With Amber

3. Call Your Acquaintance

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!