Round 6 - Chapter 9 - Coming Back From The Dark

Amber Fanart By: arusuzuki On DeviantArt

Published On: June 2, 2021

Y/N'S POV

Slowly my eyes opened, I couldn't see anything though as my vision was blurry. I blinked multiple times before my vision finally cleared, the sight of an unfamiliar ceiling greeting me. As I look around I see that I'm in a hospital room, some stuff was hooked up my arm but otherwise, things seemed pretty okay. Amber was sleeping upright in a chair in the corner, she was drooling over herself and lightly snoring.

I try to sit upright, I couldn't help but gasp from the pain. My body clearly wasn't willing to wake up so soon, feeling stiff and weak. Amber sat up straight, ruffled out of her sleep. She looks around confused till her eyes land on me, when she sees me her eyes widen.

Amber: "Y/N!!!"

Before I can react she sprints up and tightly hugs me, weakly I hug back. When we finally separated she helps me to sit upright as she sits down next to me, she looked at me as tears started to run down her face.

Amber: "I was soo worried when Nebula first told me about everything that happened, I-I...I'M SO SORRY!!" She cries out at the end as she bursts into tears.

I pull her into another embrace as I stroke her hair, It really hurt to see her so distraught.

Y/N: "None of this is your fault, if anything I'm the one to blame. I pushed myself after already getting injured, getting Dew killed in the process."

Amber: "You only tried to do what's right." She said, looking at me through her tears.

Y/N: "Yeah... through stupid means..."

Amber: "You've been out for a week, since then Team NDGO left and they already held Dew's funeral."

Y/N: "I see..." I say looking down.

Amber grabs both of my hands and tightly holds them as she looks at me, a blush comes onto her face.

Amber: "I was soo scared the entire time despite the fact the doctors said you'll live, I was so afraid I was going to lose you."

Y/N: "Well you won't have to worry anymore, I'm right here." I said as I squeezed her hands reassuringly.

Amber: "T-That isn't all though.."

Y/N: "What is it?"

Amber: "N-Not only do you have a bunch of marks and scars now b-but..."

Amber struggles to hold herself together, tears again streaming down her face.

Amber: "But the doctors also told me that...t-that you'll never walk again..."

My blood runs cold at her words, in disbelieve I fall back as my head hits the pillow. I look down at my body as my mind wrecks itself, trying to comprehend what she just told me.

Amber squeezes my hands again before placing both of her hands on my cheeks and getting closer, her face getting really red.

Amber: "But you won't have to face any of this alone, I'll be right here beside you."

She leans in and kisses me tightly, her hands go down, and gently embraces me. I melt in her arms as I finally feel safe, my mind at peace.

Amber: "I love you Y/N L/N, and I'm not going to let you face this alone."

Y/N: "I love you too Amber."

We both hugged again and just sat like that for the next few minutes, in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence.

Amber called the doctor and he came into the room to ask me some questions before a final check-up, as he did he explained the extent of my permanent injuries. From the way he described it, it seems like if I hadn't tried to walk outside again, I would've been able to recover and still walk. If it wasn't for Amber at my side I wouldn't have the strength to get through this nearly as well as I am, with her at my side I feel like can I move on and continue.

Finally, once the check-up was done we go to the main desk and checked out, Amber pushed me outside, and off we were on our way home.

As she pushes me through Vale towards my home we make a quick pitstop at a store, she buys us some pretzels and we sit down at the park to eat them. Finally, my screaming stomach could shut up as I ate, it was rumbling every few seconds.

After we were done eating we just sat there in comfortable silence, that was until I noticed Amber's blush. She was fidgeting and looked really nervous about something, clearly, she had something on her mind.

Y/N: "What's wrong Amber?" I asked I placed my hand on her left leg.

Amber: "I-I...uh...I wanted to ask you something"

Y/N: "Okay, shoot."

Amber: "Uh well after you helped me so much I wanted to return the favor and..."

Y/N: "And?"

Amber: "And during the time I was still waiting for you to wake up I saw something in a magazine, it was an ad for a vacation spot..."

Y/N: "You mean-"

Amber: "I could plan a vacation for us, it's the least I could do to return the favor and after everything that has happened you'll surely need one."

I look at her surprised, I didn't expect this. It was a bold move from her, though the idea to spend more time with her, just her, didn't sound bad at all...

Today's Choice:

1. Go On A Vacation

2. Stay At Home

3. Invite Some Friends And Introduce Amber To Them

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!