Round 8 - Chapter 6 - Getting Ready To Set Off

Ruby Fanart By: Mojojoj On Reddit

Published On: August 11, 2021

Y/N'S POV

I knew what I was gonna do for Ruby!

In the first year of our relationship, we went on a road trip, it was something we both greatly enjoyed and we've wanted to do another one for a long while but never came around to it. I go to the bedroom and start packing my things, putting everything already into the car's boot. As I made multiple trips back and forth in and out of the garage K.A.R.R.'s scanner lit up, clearly having taken notice of what I was doing...

K.A.R.R.: "How come you aren't loading these things into my boot?"

Y/N: "Well I want to do something nice for Ruby, so I've decided that we're finally gonna go on another road trip, and nothing against you K.A.R.R., but I wanna spend some one-on-one time with her, you can just relax here during that time."

K.A.R.R.: "Very well." He replied before his scanner went dark again.

The other car Ruby and I have is a 1971 Citreon SM, it was in really good condition as we both always made sure to work on it here and there, and with its smooth ride, it was an excellent choice for a road trip.

Just as I placed the last bag down I could hear a car outside stopping in front of our place and leaving after a couple of seconds, knowing that it was Ruby getting dropped off from her friends I quickly head to the front door.

Y/N: "Welcome home my lovely Rose!" I greet her as I open the front door.

Ruby: "Glad to be back my love!" She says as she giggles.

We give each other a couple of kisses and hug, before she could completely bury her head into the crook of my neck I broke the hug to tell her the news.

Y/N: "Guess what!"

Ruby: "We're out of cheese?"

Y/N: "No, maybe, not the point...WE'RE GOING ON ANOTHER ROAD TRIP!!"

Ruby: "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" She cries out excitedly.

Y/N: "I've already packed my stuff and other essentials that we'll need into the Citreon, so pack now and we'll be able to head off tomorrow!"

Ruby: "Don't need to tell me twice!" She says rushing to our bedroom.

I couldn't help but laugh as I watched Ruby run through the house, throwing her coat and shoes to the side. I honestly thought that I'll never find love again after Gretchen, yet then came Ruby, who cared for me, helped every way she could, she swept me right off my feet.

Now the only thing remaining is where the fuck we're gonna head, a road trip would be enjoyable for us no matter what, but there would need to be at least a general framework to go from...

Today's Choice:

1. Just See Where The Road And Random Choices Take You

2. Let Ruby Be In Charge Of Directions

3. Decide Yourself And Head From Vale To Vacuo

AN: Hope you all enjoyed this one!